ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Another one on the way home earlier.

8365398796_e12ffc97af_c.png

Bare by A_Cro, on Flickr

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Yea I know. It was a quick 5min edit to try it. Not a good location to try it really.

Got some more tonight.

Fiesta ST-3
So some star pictures from me. More experimental than anything. I wanted to see how the camera could cope with Noise and shunted the ISO up to 3200 to try and bring out the Milky way. I had some weird green lines which I assume is the camera. I'm not too concerned as I will be upgrading soon.

8375394691_98196a782e_z.jpg

Pembrokeshire Milky Way by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

8376462002_ddf68a946b_z.jpg

Pembrokeshire Milky Way by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

I also took a star trail whilst I was at it.

8375424829_6d24d5ffb9_z.jpg

Pembrokeshire Star Trail by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice Scott. How long was the exposure on the milky way ones? Quite a bit of movement in the stars I see.
I was reading a thread which tells you the best shutter speed for capturing static stars (I assume it all depends on how your camera copes with the high ISO though.. I think its 600 divided by the focal length but I'll try to find the page.

Love the trail one. You have a great area for dark skies looking north. Hopefully I'll manage one on Tuesday if the forecast is correct.

Fiesta ST-3
Nice Scott. How long was the exposure on the milky way ones? Quite a bit of movement in the stars I see.
I was reading a thread which tells you the best shutter speed for capturing static stars (I assume it all depends on how your camera copes with the high ISO though.. I think its 600 divided by the focal length but I'll try to find the page.

Love the trail one. You have a great area for dark skies looking north. Hopefully I'll manage one on Tuesday if the forecast is correct.

Yea as they were experimental and taken after an evening of star trails I was too cold to hang around and try over and over with the milky way shot. It was 1 image of 2 minutes exposure, ISO 3200 at f4.5.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Brilliant shots Scott! I'd be well happy with those. I struggle so much with light pollution around here :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Brilliant shots Scott! I'd be well happy with those. I struggle so much with light pollution around here :(

If it's reaaaaally a problem, keep the shots below 20s instead or lower your ISO.

Get a remote timer thing ;) Single long exposures are very hard to get right.

2.2 bar shed.
^^ Dont like that at all sorry. Way too much saturation imo.

582406_10152389526425405_351142451_n.jpg

Gonna go shoot it on large format so I can sort the verticals out as its horrendous atm.

^^ Dont like that at all sorry. Way too much saturation imo.

582406_10152389526425405_351142451_n.jpg

Gonna go shoot it on large format so I can sort the verticals out as its horrendous atm.

Could be nice on a long exposure too with some cloud movement. Some reflections in that foreground pool would make it a winner.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
If it's reaaaaally a problem, keep the shots below 20s instead or lower your ISO.

Get a remote timer thing ;) Single long exposures are very hard to get right.

Have one mate.

I mean for shooting stars like Scott did, you're going to ideally need the exact reverse of your suggestions, lol.

Inferno 225 cup
I've just purchased this
7a7e9yty.jpg
, is it good enough??

^^^ been inspired by the photos you lot are posting, and want to experiment with long exposures, but I'm new to it all, and trying to pick things up.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
No no .. do 90/180/2000 shots @ 15s, care of the timer you spoon :rasp:

Something like this.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007H50D0S/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Programmable timer I meant .. perhaps wasn't clear enough.

Ah yes, that'd be fine for star trails, but I'd be royally f**ked over by light pollution if I tried anything like Scott has done with the BMW.

Awesome shot Scott btw! The night sky is stunning! Was that a single exposure?

BMW one is great Scott, wasn't keen on the choice of foreground in the first set, a 'portacabin' style building wasn't doing it for me. Also if you divide 600 by your (full frame equivalent) focal length you will get the maximum exposure time so the stars don't trail. Not an issue on the BMW but noticeable in the first milky way shots.

Great colours!