ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

BG Clio 182
A shot I've just worked on taken last Summer. Decided on a B&W conversion as the original wasn't very inspiring. Not done much of this before quite pleased with how it came out:

8334205333_11bc63a813_z.jpg

Mono BBMF by Tim Spicer Photography, on Flickr

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Awesome shot mate! Would love to see it in colour, or is the black and white to hide the grey skies we have had lately :(

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice shots Si/Niall. God, I need to get out with the camera again, not been out for ages.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome shot mate! Would love to see it in colour, or is the black and white to hide the grey skies we have had lately :(

Cheers! Yes the latter is one reason for it, plus I like the contrast between the greys and blacks- then a bright white lighthouse which really makes the image Pop.

And thanks Luke :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The only thing I'd do differently personally mate is clone out the thing on the horizon. Love the composition dude!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not too sure if this is too dark...
Horrible grey day, 2 minute exposure. Did play around in Lightroom to try to enhance the sky but not sure if its worked or not...

8358206526_c4675b75bc_c.png

Llandudno by A_Cro, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Was there the other week with Niall, was windy as f*ck!
Yeah was pretty windy today too.

If you are over this way again give us a shout and I'll try to meet up with you. Know some nice places in North Wales for photography.

Oh yeah. Had a snotty comment left on 'silky smooth' earlier from a guy on flickr that made me laugh. He deleted it straight away but I have the email notification.

Basically saying that in was copying him as he's shot at the same location in the past month. Pretty sure its a popular place with long exposure photography. Some people get bitter very easy!

Last edited:
Composition is excellent Scott, I would say the greens are too saturated and the darker tops of the hills show where the grad filters have been, I would return to same spot when is a tad lower and take differing exposures and then blend them in photoshop. Lots of potential though mate!

Like that beach shot, Scott.
I was recently on a similar flight to yours as well, Dan. Late night Bahrain to Istanbul - 200 seater plane with 11 passengers!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Went to Liverpool yesterday but the weather was terrible! Popped in to the Anglican cathedral though. Very impressive building. Want to go back with a wider lens and when its not raining so I can get some shots of the outside.

8364368738_1a234a0278_c.png

Brick by brick by A_Cro, on Flickr

8364368120_a286e6a1b0_c.png

Arches by A_Cro, on Flickr

Then on the way home it cleared up so stopped at a local view point to get the night lights. Cloud started coming in though and it was bloody freezing! Used a grad ND to try to cut the light a bit for this one.

8363301373_bb4438779a_c.png

Light pollution by A_Cro, on Flickr

And one from this morning. Just got out to sea, stepped out of the boat and was greeted with this.

8364364606_967584ca0e_c.png

Bright light by A_Cro, on Flickr