ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I got a very similar shot, I take you shot these at wings and wheels? which day?

Last edited:
7906526886_23ee368087_z.png

Silhouette by Brazo76, on Flickr

Bumder With A Buffer
An old Norman church in the middle of no-where near my work

376522_10150872745016179_1680362947_n.jpg

And a random sunset a few weeks back

228561_10150993596941179_1595658773_n.jpg

Obviously not a patch compared to some on here but I liked them considering they came off my phone.

Fiesta ST-3
So I'm back on the star trails. This Winter I'm taking it a little more seriously. Going to invest in a new Sigma 10-20, one where I can shut the focus off to manuel, a Giga T Pro and some long long trails.

Last nights was shut off early as the ground was so wet I kept getting moisture built up on the lens.

7955889706_e02dd5d944_c.png

Preseli Star Trail by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

LY R27
I'm back! My star trails effort before didn't work out that great. When I was in Mammoth Lakes, CA. I gave it a quick go to see if i could actually do it. I emphasise quick as there was no way of actually brightening the foreground and spot the grain. This one was taken over 15 mins :)

skiistack.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
Very nice, what would you use to stop condensation on your lens?

I might try a handheld fan or would a hand head pack around the lens work?

It really isn't an issue unless the ground is wet. I tried covering the lens with a snood but that got drenched to. So maybe something on the floor that is dry. You only tend to get it when shooting on wet grass.

Theres a brick circle in my garden which I put the tripod on, its the only place I've tried it a few times, after half an hour or so even though the skys are clear and its not too wet I get condensation so I give up.

I've tried a sock round the lens to keep it warm, cant remember where that suggestion was from, the only other ones I've read of is the fan on another tripod or a heat pack.

Fiesta ST-3
Theres a brick circle in my garden, the only place I've tried it a few times, after half an hour or so even though the skys are clear and its not too wet I get condensation so I give up.

I've tried a sock round the lens to keep it warm, cant remember where that suggestion was from, the only other ones I've read of is the fan on another tripod or a heat pack.

I would suggest acclimatising the lens. Maybe not take it from a hot room to a freezing cold garden?