ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The GoPro Thread

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
G 172 she's a Lurcher so think could make for some interesting footage when she's on a run.

Very slim and lean so think the chest mounts maybe a bit big, think I may mount to her collar.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
They are adjustable and they do a junior one for kids, look on Google images or YouTube. They tend to mount them wrong way round so the camera sits on their back looking over the dogs head (if that makes sense!)

Should be able to rig something on her collar easy enough though

Cupra
I've just finished my first video. Editing photos and putting an album together is a lot simpler!!
I'm impressed with the video quality from the 3+ though! Pre compression they look great!

Taken from a snowy holiday in the Czech Republic.

[video=youtube_share;m3TR_-YIbf0]http://youtu.be/m3TR_-YIbf0?hd=1[/video]

I've just finished my first video. Editing photos and putting an album together is a lot simpler!!
I'm impressed with the video quality from the 3+ though! Pre compression they look great!

Taken from a snowy holiday in the Czech Republic.

[video=youtube_share;m3TR_-YIbf0]http://youtu.be/m3TR_-YIbf0?hd=1[/video]

Geat stuff, didn't watch all 16 minutes but if you haven't already I love the chest mount perspective (may not work well on a snowboard?!)

Cupra
Haha. Yeah, the 16 minutes was more for the family abroad. I should make a cut down version for public consumption really.

I have a chest mount and have used it on the bike. I ride a board pretty side on, which gives a less interesting perspective. I wanted to try it stuck on the board but wasn't sure about the vibrations or loosing it.

Picked this up earlier. Sure argos cocked up. Hero 3 black, spare battery, suction mount and frame case for £299
medunu6u.jpg

ITB BG 182
G172 can you make mounts to a certain degree? degree as in term not angle.. If I send you the rough sketch an so?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
G172 can you make mounts to a certain degree? degree as in term not angle.. If I send you the rough sketch an so?

I can supply all the genuine GoPro camera and mounts. You can join and interlink some of the mounting arms to get certain angles or extend them if that makes sense mate

ITB BG 182
A mate has a home made drift trike and wants video'ing from a diff angle, how would it be possible for me to record from behind and slightly above? If anyone understands that?

A mate has a home made drift trike and wants video'ing from a diff angle, how would it be possible for me to record from behind and slightly above? If anyone understands that?

I don't know what this mount is, but it would work for what you were wanting. Would be weird but it would be cool. Skip to about 3:40 to see it (Or watch the whole thing since its an awesome video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN-YTcSnE6c

Or you could rent/buy a quadcopter and fly it behind him. But that is around £150 to buy I think.

Couldn't you make a secure mount on the trike for one of them poles and mount the camera on that?

That video above is pretty awesome!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone that does track days got a setup for filming in POV?

Currently finding it difficult to get the height set correctly. My test vids a too high but obviously you can't really lower it too much otherwise it'll hinder driver's view.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've stuck a flat mount for mine right behind the rear view mirror; I can't see it when driving and it captures what's ahead very well...

IMG_20140304_133745_zpsudrrcstv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Anyone else had issues with the Hero 2? Mine today was recording for a maximum 5seconds then stopping or recording for 2/3 seconds then freezing - had to remove the battery to reset it!! Read a fair bit on't web about firmware etc and did a few of the recommendations (reinstalling firmware and formatting then turning off and on again) so will have to see if it behaves tomorrow..

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else had issues with the Hero 2? Mine today was recording for a maximum 5seconds then stopping or recording for 2/3 seconds then freezing - had to remove the battery to reset it!! Read a fair bit on't web about firmware etc and did a few of the recommendations (reinstalling firmware and formatting then turning off and on again) so will have to see if it behaves tomorrow..

Not the memory card is it?

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Not the memory card is it?

Don't think so - I've got two 32gb scandisk (authentic!) cards and it did it with both. Since reinstalling firmware it's recorded continuously happily enough... Strange.

Is it worth me getting a hero3 white edition? Been offered one for £140 with a 32GB card, charger cable and waterproof case.

I'd like to use it for time lapse, the odd bit of driving and I'll be taking it to CSS and other shows.

The only thing that puts me off is it only does 1080p at 30fps. I'd prefer 60fps but not sure if it's worth it.
Is the quality good enough on the hero3 as my dad has a hero1 and 720p at 60fps is shocking quality.

Megane 250
Not sure where but I seen a mount the other day where you can mount it to your tow eye, anyone else seen this or know foam secure way to do it? I think it would be a pretty cool POV.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
What programs you people using to convert the videos into decent sized files?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
MPEG streamclip is one of the best free convertors IMO. Not the easiest thing to use, but if you just look at a few youtube tutorials you can figure it all out.

Cheers fella - will get on that :)

Yes, my go pro 2 started to do this, logged a support call on the go pro web site and they replaced it under warranty.... they said I had a 2 year warranty think I was in mth 23. But they said even if out of warranty they would sell me a silver 3 for 50%less. Give it a try....