ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Golf. An Update.

DB.

BMW 440i
You have a strange logic lol there's a fair few dodgy cats around with all three of those cars, plus X5s!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's an epic Generalisation. I do the same with BMW Drivers.

1 Series: Woman with no idea about cars/Bloke who cant afford a 3 Series and tries to justify to everyone.
3 Series: Okay. Asians, Or diesels for dad
5 Series: Asians or Big daddy.
Z4: t***s who miss their Golfs. ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the only reason anyone ever bought a 3 series was to impress CS?

Really like the mk5's but for the asking price of a good low mileage mk5 GTI i'd rather go that little bit further and get a mk6.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Really like the mk5's but for the asking price of a good low mileage mk5 GTI i'd rather go that little bit further and get a mk6.

Dont blame you mate. Depends on spec really, I managed to get mine for £7k last October. 75k on the Clocks, Few toys and a s**t tonne spent at VW on its last service (FVSH aswell). But if you can afford the push to a MK6, you'd be silly not to.

Dont blame you mate. Depends on spec really, I managed to get mine for £7k last October. 75k on the Clocks, Few toys and a s**t tonne spent at VW on its last service (FVSH aswell). But if you can afford the push to a MK6, you'd be silly not to.

That was a really good price you had yours for then Jas! But then if i had the budget to get a mk6 gti i'd be looking at mint mk5 r32's with some change. All depends on what your after i suppose. Non the less lovely car mate.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cheers! And yeah, feel I got a bargain. It's weirdly quite a seasonal car with prices I've noticed. I know all cars are somewhat, but its almost soft top levels of fluctuation.

They really are great cars. One thing that annoys me is when people say they are poor handling and boring to drive etc.

On good rubber in the right road they are awesome fun. Tonnes of grip!

(You can't put the top down though and drift round damp roundabouts ;))

ph1 track weapon
Cheers! And yeah, feel I got a bargain. It's weirdly quite a seasonal car with prices I've noticed. I know all cars are somewhat, but its almost soft top levels of fluctuation.

Paid £6500 for mine. 07 plate on 41k with the heated leather. Seems like a bargain anyway. Due a cambelt (but thats costing me a shade over £300) and a full detail inside and out, but otherwise seems a pretty good car!

Just a shame I agreed to pick it up next Thursday having agreed the deal Tuesday! I want it now!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love it mate. Perfect.

You've got me looking on PH.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Paid £6500 for mine. 07 plate on 41k with the heated leather. Seems like a bargain anyway. Due a cambelt (but thats costing me a shade over £300) and a full detail inside and out, but otherwise seems a pretty good car!

Just a shame I agreed to pick it up next Thursday having agreed the deal Tuesday! I want it now!

Great deal! As I say, seasonal cars. Nows the time to be getting one if you want one.

53 Clio's & counting
They are brilliant cars, a stage 1 map transforms them! Would highly recommend.

This. A decent map (circa 240bhp) turns them Into the car they should have been.

Obviously 12 years with VW means I've had the opportunity to drive many in different states of tune and while big power ones are fun, the standard bar a map versions drive like standard just with more power and don't go a little breathless at high revs like the standard ones do.

All in all still my favourite all rounder

TTRS & V50
Have to agree with you Jason, really am loving mine ! Although, personally I think an S3 is the next step. And that's coming from someone with a KO4 - if they had AWD I wouldn't be saying that.

ph1 track weapon
to be honest bar a map I dont want to mess with mine much as I've kinda stepped away from the modified scene.

Bluetooth and the RCD510 DAB unit are something I want to add in due course, but otherwise just going to keep it spotlessly clean and drive it!

One question though Jason, how have you done the backbox delete? Blueflame one, or made something up yourself?

Looked at one on Saturday but walked away as it had been re-painted badly on one side, the bottom pulley was squealing, had four mis-matched tyres, needed new brake discs and pads, a cambelt and was leaking at the bottom of the windscreen. Call me fussy but they wouldn't accept my offer of £1500 less than the garage was asking for it. My son and I almost felt sorry for the poor car salesman when we delivered the good news about his car. Thinking of looking at an Edition 30 if I can stretch my budget a bit more.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Looked at one on Saturday but walked away as it had been re-painted badly on one side, the bottom pulley was squealing, had four mis-matched tyres, needed new brake discs and pads, a cambelt and was leaking at the bottom of the windscreen. Call me fussy but they wouldn't accept my offer of £1500 less than the garage was asking for it. My son and I almost felt sorry for the poor car salesman when we delivered the good news about his car. Thinking of looking at an Edition 30 if I can stretch my budget a bit more.

LOL sounds like a right shed! Mines had a pretty poor repair on the front bumper and wing. But its not noticeable unless you get up close. Nothing else damaged either, and was good leverage to get some money off.

TTRS & V50

Woah, I wouldn't have even offer 1.5k less than. Just walk away, you know it wouldn't have been look after. Unfortunately there are a lot of shitters about, just like any car.

I know I am biased, but I would certainly look for an ED30, it's definitely worth the extra premium, IMO. What is your budget ?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Your mates Mitch and Wally don't like me. Queers.

True. All of that statement is true.

Woah, I wouldn't have even offer 1.5k less than. Just walk away, you know it wouldn't have been look after. Unfortunately there are a lot of s**tters about, just like any car.

I know I am biased, but I would certainly look for an ED30, it's definitely worth the extra premium, IMO. What is your budget ?

If you can afford one, go for it. Just for the extra-ness. But if not, the standard GTI isn't any less of a brilliant car.

Speaking of chavvy turbo wooshy noises....

1507970_10153693179550385_657618367_n.jpg

Loud intake noises on acceleration, and loud TSSCHHHH dump valve-esque noise when lifting off. I just went full r****d, love it! Hopefully get a video at some point.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You need headphones and volume. The GoPro's built in mic isn't exactly it's strong point. I may try mounting it in the engine, but It may be too much LOLz

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So I serviced it. Fooked about with the GoPro in the process.

[video=youtube_share;sG92wSc5ASU]http://youtu.be/sG92wSc5ASU[/video]