ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

I checked the alignment of the filter and pipe and everything seems to be just fine but as there is some movement I thought I would protect the pipe against the metals work.

The motorcyclists among us may be familiar with the plastic strip you get with aftermarket screens that goes along the edge. Well anyway I used some of this to go along the metal edge. Similar to the pipe insulation mentioned earlier in the thread but takes up less space and is quite neat:

27622FAE-0E51-4767-9CEA-0B6D504EF852_1.jpg

Megane R26
@TarkMalbot can you buy that rubber separately? Do you know what it's called? I envisioned something similar when I fitted mine but the only thing I could think of was draught excluder type stuff.

Is there any benefit to changing the original throttle body 90 degree for a silicone one? I can only see negatives such as expense, losing the suspension effect of the ribbed section and if you get a cheap 90 you have no breather hose connection.

Clio Sport 182
I have tried the suggestive tug and it remains very stubborn. Its quite confined and seems to be wedged in near the base of the headlight. Any other suggestions?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not sure really. My current one didn't have them. On my previous cars I'm sure all I did was grab, squeeze and yank. Ohhh matron

Clio Sport 182
the pipe has been damaged from trying to pull it out, to the point that i would have to replace the whole pipe, could i just cut the pipe low enough so i can fit the filter in and have the air still blowing through with that in and then my filter sat above it or will that make EMS light come on at all?

Clio 182 Cup
Thought I'd share an update.

I replaced the IK with the standard version over Christmas, and run it for a few days to see if it was just a placebo effect upon my intial findings, and as I was going to be travelling hundreds of miles, it has more than enough time to readjust. I found as well as being silent in comparison and allowing my to hear my exhaust again, I found it didn't really want to get moving initially and using the only real upside, which was a little better at pulling from really low down when using high gear and super low revs.

So I changed back, as I still had more journeys to do, so allowed room for readjustment again. I still believe this mod has improved the mid, upper and low down ranges, however when going to real extremes and pulling from barely tick over the standard unit suits my car better. Now I realise all cars are different, but for me on my car, this mod is a welcome upgrade over my standard setup. Plus the noise is nice, loud and grunty. :smile:

Ph2 Meg 225
Fitted mine today and love it, the only thing I've noticed with mine though is sometimes not all the time the revs will sit around 1800 on idle or wonder between 1000 and 1800. Anyone else had this?

Ph2 Meg 225
Chances are it won't be the ik doing that

That's what I thought, just a coincidence as it was fine before I suppose. Just wondered whether it was to do with the car learning different airflow or if I had knocked something.

Been for another short drive and It's not as bad now just hunts to 1600 rpm and then drops back to normal Although only did it once

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
That's what I thought, just a coincidence as it was fine before I suppose. Just wondered whether it was to do with the car learning different airflow or if I had knocked something.

Been for another short drive and It's not as bad now just hunts to 1600 rpm and then drops back to normal Although only did it once
Sounds like bit of an air leak somewhere mate

You've not knocked off the pipe off that goes from throttle body down to the acoustic valve?

Ph2 Meg 225
Sounds like bit of an air leak somewhere mate

You've not knocked off the pipe off that goes from throttle body down to the acoustic valve?

I'll take a look in the morning and see, is that the small pipe that comes of the intake 90 bend and drops behind the engine I think?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'll take a look in the morning and see, is that the small pipe that comes of the intake 90 bend and drops behind the engine I think?
Small pipe that comes down towards the passenger headlight mate. That's if I remember rightly, been a long time since I had a 172.

Probably nothing do with it, but its worth checking, and your symptoms defo sound like an air leak.

Ph2 Meg 225
Yeah I know the one now, it's right next to the pipe which goes from the acoustic valve to the old box so it's a possibility it's got nudged,

only other thing I can think of is the jubilee on the new filter would slip off when tightened so was slackened off slightly but there was no movement of the filter on the pipe

Ph2 Meg 225
Took it all apart this morning, checked the pipe from the tb to acoustic valve, gave it a waddle put all the setup back together, tightened the clamps tighter and took it for a drive. Let it warm up Etc and it's fine now but we shall see