ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Well played sir! How or where did you get the polished manifold? Thinking of going down this colour coded shiney route myself now! Battery cover looks ace too
again, I did it myself! lots of sandpaper and elbow grease required! lol same with the fuel rail guard.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I'm not bothered as you don't see it. Just looks a little lost, but hey if it sounds good and doesn't break the car, pffft

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Just found on RAMAIR that they still do my version of the offset filter if you buy the kit for the 182: http://ramair-filters.co.uk/suparam...-clio-sport-20i-16v-182bhp-induction-kit.html

but its twice the price and i'm not sure you will get twice the performance! sound will be exactly the same. Also keep in mind that the filter will get damage by the light unit if you choose to go down this route, so new filter every 6months to a year (if you drive it often).

I wonder why they dont sell it by itself?!

Just found on RAMAIR that they still do my version of the offset filter if you buy the kit for the 182: http://ramair-filters.co.uk/suparam...-clio-sport-20i-16v-182bhp-induction-kit.html

but its twice the price and i'm not sure you will get twice the performance! sound will be exactly the same. Also keep in mind that the filter will get damage by the light unit if you choose to go down this route, so new filter every 6months to a year (if you drive it often).

I wonder why they dont sell it by itself?!

I personally am going to stick to what I've got think it's more beneficial to have a slightly smaller one. As you say it'll only get more damaged using the bigger one.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
all ramair filters will sound the same as they are very breathable and dont really have any sound deadening properties :up:. @N4TH4N, try putting your foot down in a high gear at low revs, you should get a really nice warbling sound!

all ramair filters will sound the same as they are very breathable and dont really have any sound deadening properties :up:. @N4TH4N, try putting your foot down in a high gear at low revs, you should get a really nice warbling sound!

Yeah have done, sounds really deep to be honest.. a monster.. i do that next to the girls as i drive past :/

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If thats to me, yeah will do. Tbh with these alot of it will just be noise, aslong as the performance feels the same as it is on mine, I will be happy. I have ocd so hopefully will notice any negatives.

Yeah impreze that was to you. Thanks I.also have ocd so would notice a drop. Fatty yeah that's my opinion also.. so imho to.all whos bought one of recent I think its worth the 37 quid.. will give it a proper test over the wkend on my trip to devon

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah impreze that was to you. Thanks I.also have ocd so would notice a drop. Fatty yeah that's my opinion also.. so imho to.all whos bought one of recent I think its worth the 37 quid.. will give it a proper test over the wkend on my trip to devon

For the money I'm sure everyone will be happy

Absolutely.. like you say biggest thing for ne now is clocking overall performance gain if any or most importantly any loss. As said I haven't noticed any but engine hasnt really warmed up on my way to work to notice any so hoping for your feeedback soon @imprezaworks

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Be the weekend mate. I've had the ktec one before which is pretty much the same. I loved the noise, sounded aggressive.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The sound makes it faster, but I've been lucky the clios ive owned have all been quick ones. So noise-no drop in performance=happy dan.

Thats good news. I had a k&n on my mg zr 160 that just bogged it right down to be honest.. but there wasnt a particular good location on the k series for best cold air as opposed to the clio

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Anyone fabricate or sell some sort of cover on top that will enclose the pod just like that battery cover ?

Clio 182
My filter come on tuesday, still waiting for the pipe work. Im just hoping theres no loss in power. But by what you all said should be ok.

So fingers crossed