ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE to turning off airbag lights (with pictures) no resisters needed

220 Trophy
Re: THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE to turning off airbag lights (with pictures) no resisters ne

To be honest I cant remember whether I did it or whether James Stone did it for me when he used to work on the car.
But either way, nothing has changed at all other than simply swapping the dashboard looms over, the UCH and clocks are my originals so it can only be a wire that was cut/joined/earthed etc somewhere on my old loom.

Re: THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE to turning off airbag lights (with pictures) no resisters ne

FLOL. I went all Yoda(i apparently cant multi task) It only works on a ph1. The UCH on the ph2 controls the lights on the dash.

220 Trophy

May the farts be with you.

Coincidentally I've just spoken to James and by cutting wire 7 in the plug that used to go into the Airbag ECU it grounds the light on the dash - I remembered it being something like this but couldn't be sure. Although the wires going into the Airbag ECU look like they're separated wire 7 (and perhaps others) apparently are interconnected so they're making a circuit, so by cutting the wire it grounds the clock airbag light.

220 Trophy

Well I remember it being something like just snipping one of the wires in the ECU plug and it did the trick then. I know that the PH2 and onwards all have different looms/fuse-boards/UCH's from the PH1 so maybe it just works on the PH1's. Either way I'll give it a go tonight and report back tomorrow.

220 Trophy

Good job I have a PH1 then!!

Clio MK2

So my MOT will fail if I cant fix the Airbag light?

george 172,205,metro

any news on doing this with the phase 2?

Monaco 172

So my MOT will fail if I cant fix the Airbag light?

Not at the moment, but supposedly they're bringing in new failures to the MOT, most lights on the dash will fail, and its not like you can just cut a wire because the light has to illuminate with the ignition on.
Shame they're doing this really, I can see allot of cars getting scrapped because of faults that won't clear

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Surely resistors from maplin at 9p each has to be easier than going through all that and damaging your cars loom ?

Clio DCI 1.5

?? I understand engine management light, airbag light and abs lights all now have to function as the manufacturer intended (and show no fault) from end 2012
That was my reason for discovering the Glow plug relay trick. My Sons old Fiat had engine management light on as a result of having pattern coil packs fitted. I'd had enough of the whole stupid nonesense so fitted a glow plug relay from an old Frontera. Jobs a good un! It won't cure a real issue though as the ecu has a lock down circuit which will only allow minimum throttle.
In my opinion, the place for computers is in central heated living rooms not under the bonnets of French cars driving through horizontal rain in Sunny England

Last edited:
  Clio DCI 1.5

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow... eeee, them were the days lad! :rasp:

220 Trophy

Snipped wire No. 7 last night and its all sorted now, the SERV light turns on and off again along with the other lights and the Airbag light is permanently turned off. To those that are worried about permanently damaging the loom - its only a snipped wire and could be soldered back together if ever needed - just a 60 second job to do.

Mk2 Clio 172
I just disconnected wire 7 like It said went of then came back on 10 seconds later wtf now I have a airbag light stuck on still but have a disconnected wire on the airbag ecu :/ wtf

220 Trophy

Do you have a PH1 or 2? As discussed above this doesn't work on a PH2. If you do have a PH1 then something else is obviously wrong. Either way you can just connect the wire again and at least be back to square one.

george 172,205,metro

surely there must be a wire feed somewhere on the phase 2's?
anyone with any good wiring diagrams?

220 Trophy

Haynes manual, £20'ish quid from Halfords.