ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The daily E46 325i

As there's a good few threads in here regarding BMW's I thought i'd finally add a few photos of the car that does my daily duties while the 182 is tucked up in the garage........... it's a 2002 325i M-Sport in Sapphire Black metallic with full black leather interior and 5 speed manual gearbox. Being the 2.5 petrol it's the 192bhp model.

I'd been looking for one for a little while and then in July 2014 this popped up online - the garage had got it in on the 30th but I didn't know this at first when I went straight to view it on the 31st. It was in great condition so with a deposit left, I went back and collected it on the 1st August. The car doesn't have any factory options like heated seats and upgrade speakers etc etc but what it's BIG selling point was that it only had 43,000 miles! Due to this the seller knew exactly what he had and I couldn't get any money off despite there being two deep scratches on the driver's door!!! But I could see past this and the door was later repaired at the local BMW main dealer body shop to which I got a perfect match/job as I expected for the cost lol!

Fast forward to March 2017 and the only modifications I have made to the car are a professionally fitted DAB radio/CD player single DIN stereo and upgraded Hertz speakers all round. The car is still only on 56,500 miles and one of the lowest mileage examples I have personally seen. The black is an absolute sod to keep clean and I wouldn't have another black car but when it's clean, it looks stunning!

Anyway, photos of when it's clean..............

xxx_zpsb0xgbwdc.jpg

P1040794_zpstjpd5mma.jpg

P1040795_zpsizxihrz3.jpg

P1040796_zpspfeyyogb.jpg

P1040798_zpsn4dz0qao.jpg

P1040799_zpsqfjejwtq.jpg

.......... and a very rare photo of my two cars together!

xx_zps5yarhksy.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's a sport not an M-Sport.

(Pedantic I know, but true)

Nice car though. The E46's have aged very well. Unlike the E9x shapes, they are starting to look very dated.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice car though. The E46's have aged very well. Unlike the E9x shapes, they are starting to look very dated.
f**k up, baldy.

But yeah the E46 is looking better with age for sure. Good man for going for a petrol too! The 325/330's are cracking cars if you keep on top of maintenance. I would have another if it was a gooden' like yours seems to be!

It's a sport not an M-Sport.

(Pedantic I know, but true)

Haha no that's a fair comment! It is indeed a Sport but my Dad used to have a black E46 M3, also 2002, so seeing the M badge on the steering wheel makes me think more of the 'M' and less of the sport hence why I call it that 😂

yeah the E46 is looking better with age for sure. Good man for going for a petrol too! The 325/330's are cracking cars if you keep on top of maintenance. I would have another if it was a gooden' like yours seems to be!

Agreed! I still think the E46 shape looks so smart and I still turn round and look at it as I walk away..... a sign you have the right car? 😂 I was originally looking for maybe a 330D but that didn't last long and went for a 325i. I'd have loved a 330i but had to compromise a little as it's a daily afterall and not great on fuel as it is!! Thanks though, it only get's looked after by our local BMW main dealer so I try and look after it. What I like is that I get treated the same there with my 2002 3 series as someone with a new M4 which personally, I appreciate.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agreed! I still think the E46 shape looks so smart and I still turn round and look at it as I walk away..... a sign you have the right car? 😂 I was originally looking for maybe a 330D but that didn't last long and went for a 325i. I'd have loved a 330i but had to compromise a little as it's a daily afterall and not great on fuel as it is!! Thanks though, it only get's looked after by our local BMW main dealer so I try and look after it. What I like is that I get treated the same there with my 2002 3 series as someone with a new M4 which personally, I appreciate.

Lookround when you walk away, I do that lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My old 330ci was a 5 speed and I got low to mid 30's in it. Mid 20's around town, not that bad really but I'm guessing the 325 is better? I'd be tempted by one as a daily myself if I didn't have the Volvo.

I get what you mean with BMW service as well. It's one of the reasons I was happy to buy a Main Dealer car, as I remember how good they were even with my 02' 330.

@182_steve looks nice that, how is it to live with, mpg, reliability, serving cost etc?

Need a new daily and these and the 328i fit the bill, any idea what the autos are like?

Cheers :up: it's been my daily for just over 2 and a half years now and in that time, it's been an overall great car! Sounds good, quick enough etc. Most of my journeys are relatively short so fuel isn't great but on a long run it's actually pretty good and you can really stretch out the range in the tank. It's been as reliable as you'd expect a BMW to be, only main issues I have had is that I had a coil pack go on it that threw up the engine management light that was a relatively simple fix and the main 'brain' or module that controls the central locking went and needed replacing and the keys re-coding but it IS 15 years old this year! As said above all work is done by BMW and the servicing goes oil service, inspection 1, oil service, inspection 2 and repeat. I've had all 3 done in my time so far with the car as it's serviced each year regardless of miles and cheapest service was £150 and most expensive was £300 ish. Same as big and small services at VW and Skoda etc! BMW even did my MOT for £25!!