ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The cheapest 200bhp per ton route

53 Clio's & counting
You should have come to the three events after that one Doug, the waiting time between runs was 5 mins max :D

lift number 1 @ btm
i know:dapprove:

but the waits at the one i went to will be similar to hill climbing, hence i'll scrap that idea!

lift number 1 @ btm
really?

as bad as your pannels? :D

maybe i'll forget that idea too and go for the 4mm.

once mine comes back i won't be doing anything bar tidying far a year anyway..

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Our 3mm ones dont flap about alot they do start to bend a little at 100mph + though

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Sides ofc back ones do it more than the front because the front have sliders which give some strength, the rear windscreen is solid :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Its worth considering, will let you know how we get on with it if we ever get our car back together :(

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
i'm not sure yet to be honest, i've actually been thinking about having a go at hillclimbing.

but i thnk the waiting about would be too frustrating.

The waiting around aside if you put plastic windows in you will go in mod prod class = mega stripped, slicks and loads of cash

lift number 1 @ btm
i take it you hillclimb then?

i'm half interested in trying some low level competition, but i do think i'm too impatient.

i have put a lot of time and money into my car, but mostly with the aim of making it a bulletproof track toy.

182cup & 172 racecar

i'm half interested in trying some low level competition, but i do think i'm too impatient.

i have put a lot of time and money into my car, but mostly with the aim of making it a bulletproof track toy.

Come join us in Classic car Tin Tops:approve:

182cup & 172 racecar
Not sure about internals,but no turbo or S charging,come on not that many weekends really so stop making excuses.

lift number 1 @ btm
i'm sure you won't be so slow as to need me there to beat.....

do you have to sign up for the season, or is it possible to just do odd rounds?

problem for me is i can't be sure when i will have days off, they can also change with little warning. i am definately planning to try to get to see you and Jay at one of the rounds though!

53 Clio's & counting
i'm sure you won't be so slow as to need me there to beat.....

do you have to sign up for the season, or is it possible to just do odd rounds?

problem for me is i can't be sure when i will have days off, they can also change with little warning. i am definately planning to try to get to see you and Jay at one of the rounds though!

Well il use your car for you :rasp:

182cup & 172 racecar
You would have to register for the year(not much) but because it's not a "championship" and a "series" you don't have to do every round.

We have missed the first race already at Snetterton due to baby arrivals,I don't fancy Cadwell and Mallory is looking suspect atm,now think of an excuse;)

But we are doing Prescott hillclimb in May.

lift number 1 @ btm
Well il use your car for you :rasp:

don't you have some nappies to change or something :evil:

You would have to register for the year(not much) but because it's not a "championship" and a "series" you don't have to do every round.

We have missed the first race already at Snetterton due to baby arrivals,I don't fancy Cadwell and Mallory is looking suspect atm,now think of an excuse;)

But we are doing Prescott hillclimb in May.

when in may is prescott?

an excuse you say?

i'm waiting for Fred to put the car back together then i'm waiting for Matt to have time to wire and map it.....

seriously though, I'll drop you a pm later to ask some details, also, would the loan of a racelogic be any use to you two?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

yes i am like you and work lots of weekends. its a good way into motor sport i would say not too expensive but its never that easy!! ask Tony/Jay !
it can be a bit laid back but you can have a good look around the cars and talk petrol all day :)
i am a rally man but dont have the money to do them anymore i also do track days but they dont have that "edge" to them as you cant beat competition!!
may even try tintops at some point.