ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The ATR Bus......i'm still here lol!!

H22A7 Accord Type R
Evening all!!!! it sure has been a while! After a quick natter with Christopher, and viewing all his JDM pics thread..........(which got me thinking!!!) i thought i would pop by and remind you all i am still here and give you a brief insight to the recent ATR events.......

So kick back, grab a strongbow (as you will see in pics lol) and have a read.......

Well, as per usual, nothin in the 'modifications' side of things, as i still very much enjoy her in her stock form! Some nice person decided that she was obviously looking too nice, and decided to kick my back door in for me. This was rather annoying at the time, but after an hour or so, i figured why stress........

Anyway, as per usual, tyres and brakes are what feel it the most. My fronts are almost due renewal again, but my brakes were well and truly humped, warped once again, and absolute cack once warmed up. Standard mintex setup. I decided to follow some forum advice, and get some BREMTECH drilled and grooved discs, along with some Ferodo DS2500 pads.

The car was due her MOT, and seeing as we had already replaced the faulty Xenon Ballast unit, which was causing one xenon to run too hot, making it a different colour, and also melting my headlight, i thought all should be well.....it failed on some brake pipes, but that all got sorted, so job done!

While it was in, i asked the garage to fit my replacement rear ARB links, and my new brakes to the front.....i was expecting great things from this after the $$$ i had spent.

Anyway, this was the start of some major problems! One of my brakes was binding on like hell, and got very very hot! The garage said they had free'd off a sticky slider etc.....and that they should bed in. I was not convinced at all. Anyway, all this led to me going and buying some tools, and actually gettin my wee hands dirty! Next thing i know, i have the brake pipes clamped, and the calipers off the motor!

Photo-0311.jpg

BrakesInt came to the rescue once again and a caliper refurb kit was ordered. So, we went from these........

brakes.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0058-1.jpg

to these nice new ones

DSCF0074-1.jpg

DSCF0076-2.jpg

Due to now having all the bits on the Friday evening, i thought i would get them painted up that night, to fit the next day.........so, a can of strongbow and some Dave Pearce on Radio 1 (Dance Anthems FTW!) and we then has the following........

DSCF0078-2.jpg

The next day turned into a disaster from the moment i got up!! I was a dirty stop out, and my van wouldnt start for me to get home......so that was not the best start to my day! I eventually got home and thought, right, the van battery is fooked, so i need to get the car sorted!!!

Now, when the garage fitted the brakes, they said they had repaired the thread in the o/s/f carrier..........i didnt have a clue what they meant by this........until i tried to refit it.............and this happened.......

DSCF0081-2.jpg

DSCF0082-1.jpg

by this time..........my day really was not going well!! so we downed tools, got a shower and headed into town for a good night out!!!! Turns out to be too good a night, as i felt rough as fook the next day!!

thankfully, kwik fit had my van battery in stock..........so i rang them to say i would walk up and collect it.....to which the sale assistant said, we need the van, as we need to take the tyre depth readings as you are on a fleet card........erm, van, battery, dead, need new one to make start and move.........???????? i politely told him to keep his battery after that!!

I managed to get a battery and get the van going, so then i went off to Chester to pick up a new pad carrier off a forum member - which was luckily already painted Red!!! Bonus!

While there, i managed to have a good natter with the lad, as he is one of the longest term ATR owners on the club, and he was polishing up his Mrs new Pirates Black ATR. Andy has one of the highest mileage cars on the forum, and also one of the mintest. And His Mrs new one is one very low mileage example, and an absolute delight of a car!!

So, next stage, i got home and fired all the brakes back on, just awaiting bleeding once i picked up my mate the next day. Happy days, the car was almost ready - it has been immobile since it passed its MOT!

As it stands now, we got it all sorted, and it was interesting driving it for the first time, after i knew i had taken all the brakes off and re-fitted them myself - for the first time ever!!! But hey prestp - everything works!

No more brake binding, but, i do have a squeal / ticking noise when turning left (loading up the drivers side wheel), especially when its been getting a thrashing / getting warm! At first i thought wheel bearing, as there is some play in the wheel. If you rock the wheel, with the car on the ground, there is a bit of click / movement, but not when you jack it up? Perhaps a top wishbone. Anyway, My honda man is lookin at that next week.

So, she is almost working again, bar this play / squeal when turning. After having it on axle stands for a while, it was nice to even just have it back on its wheels!

i also have a replacement door (in vesuvio Red) sat at work waiting to go on to replace the damaged one.

So, that is that for now.......i am looking forward to giving the Ferodo / Bremtechs a work out, as that is what i paid my money for!! I might even wax it when the new door goes on - its only been washed once or twice in 2 months since the door got kicked!!

Here are a few latest pics......sometimes the door is well hidden!!!

Cheers, and i hope everyone is well! Rob.

bumper1.jpg

Photo-0211.jpg

Photo-0213.jpg

Photo-0260.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

The last show - pre-dent

yms2008.jpg

ATRMotion.jpg

Hiding the dent.....

DSCF0009-5.jpg

DSCF0011-2.jpg

DSCF0012-2.jpg

DSCF0034-1.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

AND...........the van is now running on some 106 Rallye rims, S2 of course! ;)

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

Photo-0293.jpg

For those interested, this is Andys ATR, which one on 160K + at the moment, love this motor!

engine1-1.jpg

teach.jpg

teachtrack.jpg

slicks.jpg

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just some random kick in the door?! Harsh mate.

Still looks good, Andys looks great! Glad to see you've got it back on the road again :)

H22A7 Accord Type R
Ahh she will be sorted out soon..........i just went for a quick spin, ahhh that engine bark is awesome! Hard to resist temptation to throw it round the bends though, with its knocking problem.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Was it you driving down Armytage Road in Brighouse a couple of weeks ago? Near the car auctions?

H22A7 Accord Type R
Was it you driving down Armytage Road in Brighouse a couple of weeks ago? Near the car auctions?

it will have been mate....i was out fault finding i think........... or may have been taking pics?

DSCF0065.jpg

i like the blue lighting on that building lol.

H22A7 Accord Type R
Hullo again people!!! Not got much to update on the car so far.........the door is still dented, even though i have a nice new one waiting to go on - and have had for ages lol! I will wait for the better weather.

I am now trying the new Eagle F1 A's..... have some rear arms on order, so that i can get the seized ones replaced and get my tracking done properly, and i also have some nice new suspension to replace the 106K tired setup!!! Oh, and the brakes are still going strong ;)

Hope you are all keeping well. Ali still got his Vee? Alan his 197? And Christopher...... dare i ask? lol. Cheers. Rob.

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0098-1.jpg

door.jpg

DSCF0029-4.jpg

DSCF0030-2.jpg

DSCF0031-2.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

nailedF1.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

Luckily, it was only a tiny screw!!!

Last edited:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
looking good mate. yeah ali has his vee. Alan has his 107 and Chris has his 182

ST
Very cool wee guy its lookin well, how's things wi you, you still on the same number, ending: 6372?

Aye as Craig said, still got the 197..

When you next up in gods country?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Still a great looker.

I hope the red matches up with the rest of the car.

Red is just the worst colour for matching.

H22A7 Accord Type R
Aye Alan, still on the same old number lol.Things are cool mate, a bit fed up of this winter pish now though.....i need some polishing weather, badly!

Ah the door will end up being painted, im sure of it lol! That why i havent fitted yet, once its on i know i will end up in the bodyshop lol! I need to get the chassis back on form first........ fcuk the looks ! ;)

Not sure when i am next up the road mate, time flys by so quickly these days! I need to get up for a week and catch up with you all!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
WEEMAN!!! "The real weeman"

All good with me! - Just paged you there! Still got the vee, although off the road for winter. Pimping about in an old 172. No a bad wee bus!

Defo need to catch up soon!

H22A7 Accord Type R
Ahhh nice to hear from all the 'Dynamique / Billabong boys' lol! Ali, you really are a clio nut by the sounds of it!!

The new suspension won't make much of a visual difference. It will be a 20mm drop..... compared to the 9yr old standard springs, it may even just sit at the same height. The aim of the change is to freshen and sharpen it up. 106,000 miles will have tired the shocks out, especially the way it attacks back roads.

Christopher - the door will get done one day - perhaps for when i come to sell it ? LOL. Na, i may be off to Japfest, so will need to get it sorted for show season.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cool. I'm very very tempted to get another.

Its either another of these or a Mk3 Golf VR6 with some style and maybe charge it..

The ATR although knowhere near the quickest was one of the best cars i've owned. If not the best if we're looking at a all rounder.

H22A7 Accord Type R
Ahh Tom...... it still amazes me how many people on the forum sell up then come back with another lol! Ive owned the car for 2 and a half years now, and i still feel like i have barely started with it :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh Tom...... it still amazes me how many people on the forum sell up then come back with another lol! Ive owned the car for 2 and a half years now, and i still feel like i have barely started with it :)

I can beleive it. No car really offers the size, handling and build quality imo.

I loved that diff...lol

There's an old git by me thats had his for as long as i can remember. it never moves. I'm tempted to leave a note on the window..

H22A7 Accord Type R
Ahh Bryans van is a shed now..... no more alloys, falling in bits and generally dying lol. My van is currently running on 106 Rallye S2 wheels...... lol

Rallye1.jpg

ral2.jpg

H22A7 Accord Type R
I loved that diff...lol

its funny, in the van i have to lift off for the back to help the front go round a bend, in the Accord, i need to floor the throttle for the inside wheel to pull it into the bend..... awesome!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
its funny, in the van i have to lift off for the back to help the front go round a bend, in the Accord, i need to floor the throttle for the inside wheel to pull it into the bend..... awesome!

Certainly is a weird feeling...My best mate (who owns a 172) was going on about how he's never driven a car that handles as well only the other day..

H22A7 Accord Type R
Its a very fussy car though. If something isnt quite right, you know about it, and it feels twitchy and shite! My rear ARB bushes need doing, and my alignment needs doing properly. Rear adjusting bolts are seized, hence i have some new arms on order, to get fitted when i get the new suspension on. Roll on the better weather so i can fly off on some more road trips :D