ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £700 PH2 172 Project Thread

RS6 C7
Had a busy evening fitting parts! , Managed to get the trophy spoiler sprayed by a mate. I have ordered some BMW 1 series bonnet struts to use for the tailgate so the spoiler doesn't catch the roof but i went ahead and fitted the spoiler anyway! , Iv'e added a piece of string on the inside so the tailgate can't open fully until the struts arrive!

Sabelt & boss were surprisingly easy to fit, I haven't fitted a horn yet but will be purchasing the PH1 stalk with the horn on the end. The OZ f1's will be going in to be refurbed this week hopefully.

Brakes need sorting next before i can get her on track.

Pictures... (Dirty)

xfvbgthgfth518.jpg

xfvbgthgfth519.jpg

xfvbgthgfth520.jpg

TTRS & V50
I would have gone Fred no matter what, oh well.

Paint job on the spoiler is a bit s**t, hope you got it done free.

Otherwise shaping up as a nice little project.

RS6 C7
I would have gone Fred no matter what, oh well.

Paint job on the spoiler is a bit s**t, hope you got it done free.

Otherwise shaping up as a nice little project.

Freds not the only one who can change a clio belt you know!

The guy really knows what he is doing, has all the correct tools and used genuine parts.

The spoiler paint is good, didn't get the best angle on it and the car was completely filthy when i took the picture after fitting so it looks out of place.

TTRS & V50
Of corse not but it doesn't matter what garage you speak too then they will say they can do the job and have the tools etc and then you see a thread on here about incorrect timing, anyway.

Angles can't hide orange peel bud.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Of corse not but it doesn't matter what garage you speak too then they will say they can do the job and have the tools etc and then you see a thread on here about incorrect timing, anyway.

Angles can't hide orange peel bud.

If the guy is happy with it then leave it mate! jeez

RS6 C7
Freds not the only one who can change a clio belt you know!

The guy really knows what he is doing, has all the correct tools and used genuine parts.

The spoiler paint is good, didn't get the best angle on it and the car was completely filthy when i took the picture after fitting so it looks out of place.

I have known the guy for a while and he's serviced all mine and the families cars. I was dead set on going to Fred but after picking my Audi up from him i noticed he had a 172in there, Asked him about it and he knew about the tools needed and the fact that most people don't know how to change a clio cambelt correctly.

He actually owned a 172 cup before so i felt comfortable leaving him to do it. He pointed out that someone had used tipex to do the camshaft timing aswell.

With regards to the spoiler, the orange peel is no worse than my Audi is, I'm happy with it. At the end of the day it's a cheap track car. I'm not going for perfection as it's getting abused!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
That paint on that spoiler is horrid!

Even for a cheap job I wouldn't be happy with that - looks good on the car though!