ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Terraclean??

RB Clio 197
Just wondering if anyone has had the Terraclean treatment on their Clio? For £108 it isn't too badly priced for everything it says to do. Would be good to increase my 197 MPG, too..

For anyone who isn't aware of what Terraclean is: http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

Cheers,
George

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
got both the diesel and petrol kit at work it does make a difference but not on every car diesels normally get better results.

did mine and gained an extra 4 mpg on my 50 mile trip from my 2011 diesel.
have done a few diesels that have failed an mot smoke test going from over 6.0 1/m to under 1.5 1/m.

thought it was all hype had a bmw 320d fail emissions put some fuel cleaner additive in and gave it a good blast up the motorway retested it was a lot lower but still too high to pass did a terra clean and it went through on the first rev.

have done a friends 182 and a focus rs both have said they car feels smoother to drive and pulls better through the gears.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any update on this service. Anyone had it done? Could be useful for a clean before an MOT and clean up inlet path

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I always thought it was b*llocks, but I'm happy to see real results.

I thought of it as the Forever Living of the automotive world. Ie scam.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
My dad had it done on his VW Crafter and it did make a difference in running and economy. Problem with direct injection engines is the inlet gets clogged up pretty quickly and TerraClean still won't clean that, have to get it wallnut blasted or something similar.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
People looked into this for their FSI audis, one firm agreed to a do a borescope and rolling Road before and then after. Not noticeable at all.

Then on the other hand I know two people that have had their vans done and the claim it's much mess less smokey and runs better

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
People looked into this for their FSI audis, one firm agreed to a do a borescope and rolling Road before and then after. Not noticeable at all.

Then on the other hand I know two people that have had their vans done and the claim it's much mess less smokey and runs better

Tbh the best outcomes i have seen are on diesel's, not sure why as its a more efficient engine therefore it should have less carbon build up etc.

dan's cast offs.
you'd be better off getting the money, change it all into 10p coins and throw it into a group of crackheads and watch them go mad to pick it all up!!

terrawank.jpg

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Ive known 3 people who had it done, after engines had nothing more than servicing after 80-100k, they all said its a good improvement.

Just dont know any RS172 owners had it done

My 172 done 86k, and will do some more research over summer, but £100 is better than walnut blast for 300......

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ive known 3 people who had it done, after engines had nothing more than servicing after 80-100k, they all said its a good improvement.

Just dont know any RS172 owners had it done

My 172 done 86k, and will do some more research over summer, but £100 is better than walnut blast for 300......

Good improvement in what way?

Placebo effect in full dick swinging motion. Its firecly criticised everywhere i've looked.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Good improvement in what way?

Placebo effect in full dick swinging motion. Its firecly criticised everywhere i've looked.

Smoother engine running, no lumps, bumps n stutters, including smoother power delivery. Better mpg, and valves cleaned up a treat, as one of them shoved a camera into the inlet to have a look see

Walnut blasting is certainly the better option, but not everyone can have easy access to that, and its 3 x the price

Clio 172 PH2
Had it done on a 335d no difference, problem is it can't get to the back of the valves etc and never seen a before and after of these areas or top up pistons before and after nor a dyno on the same day. I've tried forte dpf cleaner and that made a difference in terms of pressure readings done scientifically and parameters as close as I could. I put some forte gasoline cleaner in my ph2 172 and it felt smoother after a full tank then again it could be a placebo.

You know it's a load of BS when their own website won't make any reference to what or how it works... If it was a genuine product they'd give you some more info and have patented the method!

I love their claim:
"TerraClean is a technology developed by a group of scientists in Canada. They were commissioned by the Canadian government to develop a zero emissions engine. They did manage to achieve this goal, but the technology involved and the fuel used to achieve this would necessitate an increase to the price of the vehicles, due to the need to retro fit a "reactor" which molecularly alters the state of the fuel. That increase in cost coupled with the cost of the highly refined fuel, developed for the project, which would retail at over £ 40 per litre rendered the concept non-viable to introduce into the cars motorist drive."

Hmm... Chinny reckon?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
And this is a BLOG from an acquaintence of mine, and his report back on Terraclean:

The cleaning process involves injecting a cleaning agent in spray format into the throttle body just before the inlet manifold, whilst the engine revs are increased to approx 1500/2000 rpm. The engine was hot when this process was carried out and the exhaust showed a slight amount of smoke/vapour whilst the engine was running. this part of the process lasted approx 10-20mins for all the cleaning fluid to be used up.

the apparatus used is this: http://terraclean.net/product.php?id=2

Once this was done, I took the car for a drive to clean the excess cleaning agent/oil deposits out of the system. the cars exhaust did smoke quite a lot for approx 30 seconds or so.

I took the car for a drive around the area taking it up to 60mph on a dual carriage way. the Car feel much smooth in accelerator, no hesitation and throttle response had increased.

This process cost me £80 from Terraclean NI, Co Antrim Agent, Neill Clarke. > Facebook Page

Neill himself had done this type of work on numerous Golf GTI (Mk5's) RS4's, and Mini's, all well known for similar symptoms as mine. Many of him customers use this service as a yearly clean with some doing it 6 monthly.

Whilst i dont have pictures of my inlet manifold/valves - before and after, I do have the satisfaction of this service worked for me. Overall, I cannot recommend this type of Service enough, especially to anyone that cannot find a Wallnut Shell blasting service in his area (like me). I think even if I had a the inlet cleaned professionally with a walnut shell blaster, I would use the Terraclean Intake Cleaning Service as a yearly maintenace afterwards.

There are a number of Terraclean agents in the UK, not all of these off this type of Intake cleaning service, you would need to speak to the local rep to find out.

more info here: http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I use BGK 44 or whatever its called, but been told the effects last only as long as the fuel is treated with the stuff
A tank or 2 ? That right?