ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tempered glass screen protectors ! Talk to me ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Are these any good ? worth doing ? easier to fit than the usual one ( I AM s**t AT FITTING THEM !! )
Anyone dropped phone or tested ?
What you got ? recommendations ?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
They will chip and crack as you drop your phone, but they phone remains in tact. So they can look a little tatty, better than your acual screen chipping though.

Also, they feel miles better to the touch than plastic ones

2014 Clio 200t edc
Well I had one on until last night when my puppy tried to eat my iPhone 6. Needless to say without the tempered glass screen protector my screen would be ruined, which its not. Not even a mark on it though the protector was cracked and broken.
It was only a £4 ebay special too.
Well worth it IMHO.
My puppy is ok too. Lol

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Cheers . Are they easy to install or bubbles everywhere like my normal efforts ! ? notice some need to be wet to fit others don't is there a better type and are they easy to remove if they break or you f**k up the fitting ! ?

I've installed 3 now (2 on mine after cracking one), and one for my brother - all on the OPO.

Easy to do, make sure you get all the dust off the screen and you'll have no bubbles :]

And yep easy to remove, I used an Orzly one, when peeling it off I did crack the glass, but it has a plastic sheet on it too, so stays as one piece.

When I damaged mine I dropped it onto my metal belt buckle from around chest height, it would have cracked the screen for sure imo, but instead just cracked the glass protector :]

2014 Clio 200t edc
No bubbles. It's quite freaky putting them on, as you line it up, drop it into the screen and it does it itself! No water (the ones I've used) nothing needed.

renault clio 1.4 16v
I've got a MAS screen protector on my phone, almost bullet proof, my mates have tried to scratch it with a range of sharp objects and I cant notice a single scratch or chip in the screen

Got one on my iPhone which went on with no issues I had a lot of trouble with the nexus 5 bubbling even the latest nikin one still has a bubble :(

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Got a Nuglass one today fitted tonight great kit fitted piss easy even for me !! no bubbles feels just like the std screen . cheers for the replies.