ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TC and Service light

Megane 225 F1
I've searched and it seems brake pedal switch or something similar. BUT this is a little different.

When I start to drive, after less than a mile, the TC light flashes at me and I can feel abs kicking in even though my foot isn't on the brake pedal. After a few seconds it stops and my TC and Service light stay on.

It's a new problem with the car every sodding week.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It could still be a faulty brake pedal switch so don't rule it out just yet but it also sounds to me like a possible fault with a wheel sensor or reluctor ring... most likely a rear one if your speedo is reading fine still. You can visually inspect the setup for signs of cracking or damage but if nothing obvious jumps out such as cracked ring gear, to say for sure, the car will need diagnostics or the wheel sensor outputs scoping (But its quicker to look at the ABS live data feeds and see what each wheel sensor is reporting).

Sometimes, the rear ABS loom main connector, which is located on the underside of the vehicle, can become fouled up inside and it causes issues with the rear sensor setups so IF the diags say a specific wheels sensor isn't working be sure to check this BEFORE you spunk out for a new wheel sensor as it might save you £50 in parts!

Mick

Megane 225 F1
Quick question. Is this something that I need to get sorted ASAP or can it wait a week or two?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've not seen the car so can't give you a green light to drive it normally i'm afraid. Personally I'd advise you get it sorted ASAP but if you have to drive it, do so with care rather than hoon it about everywhere. The ABS kicking in all the time is never a good thing; the system isn't designed to work continuously and can, in extreme cases, actually catch fire (i've seen this more than once on Megane I's, 19's and Laguna's)... not to mention it also increases your effective stopping distance.

Clio Sport 172
As suggested .. clean up your ABS sensors on the rear.and trolling through this forum suggest that was a common cause and worth trying first before parting with your hard earned cash .. as it worked for me.
;)

BMW M135i
Front ones are behind the disc on the front of the hub. Rear ones are on the back side mounted to look at the trigger ring on the back of the disc.

Just follow the wires you won't go far wrong.

Megane 225 F1
IMAG0008.jpg

What does this fault code from an RS tuner mean?

BMW M135i
The top one is normal, the ecu will set the max and min throttle limits every time the ecu is powered up. The bottom 3 are trying to get some more £££ out of your for more indepth diagnostics.

Megane 225 F1
FFS.

It's really annoying me now. It is a fault somewhere but the TC no longer kicks in, the 2 lights just turn on when I start the car up.

172/A4 Tdi
It's going to be something simple like the ABS sensors. If you get someone to put it on proper diagnostics it'll clearly read which of the signals is out of whack. Had to do a nearside front ABS sensor on my Fiesta ST a while back, ABS/Traction lights were always on and the ABS pump went mental when I tried to brake hard, felt like a violent 'clicking' through the pedal. Mate diagnosed the problem for free and the sensor took 20mins on the driveway. Can't see a Clio being any worse! :)