ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax on a DCI if you put a sport engine into it.

MCS R56
0511-0904-0419-5876_Teenage_Boy_Eating_Popcorn_While_Watching_a_3D_Film_clipart_image.png

LOLz...although not sure the 3D glasses are required!

MCS R56
Found this in my inbox...

Mike_182 said:
Take your pick from any of the following:

Clio V6
Golf GTi Ed30
Puma 1.7
Audi S2
Audi S4 Biturbo
Supercharged Exige

To name the last year's worth of my cars. Perhaps before making a tw*t of yourself in future, you'll look into someone's history.

'Noob'

No more needs to be said other than, yes, they are all faster than a DCi!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Well, this escalted.

I stand by my crack smoking remark.

If anyone can be arsed, I'd be interested in the pay back period of putting a diesel engine and the bits and bobs that go along with it in a sport. I amgine it runs into more than a couple of years.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the op was asking about the other way around though putting a sport engine into a diesel, not worth putting a diesel lot into a sport if you wanted a rep, much less hastle to just fit the bumpers etc

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, I skipped the first page this time so was a bit out of the loop.

I would be even more interested in the pay back period that way round, lol. What's the annual saving in tax? Couple of hundred quid?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
So much reading fail in this thread. im guessing you meant the money saved putting a sport engine in a dci shell deeg? Your right it would take years and is pointless. I only asked the question out of interest that is all.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, I skipped the first page this time so was a bit out of the loop.

I would be even more interested in the pay back period that way round, lol. What's the annual saving in tax? Couple of hundred quid?

yeah £200 odd quid a year, i think its only a worth while thing if 1. you already have the dci with the mods you want to save buying your own sport 2. you dont want to insure it legit, and insure it as a dci for much cheapness and 3. you can do it all yourself!

a 180bhp car that costs a 17yr old £35 a year tax and £600 a year insurance, yeah course it would be impossible to shift lol

lol, I understand what you're saying but for those that would buy it it would be someone knowingly buying/insuring a car under false pretense that it's a 80bhp diesel. Also, I was thinking in terms of getting a reasonable price for it, yes it will probably sell but not for much after you find the ideal dodgy buyer. Ie it'd be worth far more as an original DCi.

you think a dci 80/100 or a 1.4 is better?

If I was looking I would try and get a Dci 100, I couldn't find one when I briefly tried in 2008 (saw two 80s advertised as 100s though). I bet a 1.4 is quite a good balance between mpg and power but then so is a 172/182!!!

With the DCis they seem to give mega mpg it's hard not to take notice. The 100 should have similar power but far more torque than the 1.4.