ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tax on a DCI if you put a sport engine into it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol maby if youve had 4 kids! if youve driven any of the other non RS clios and know the issue with engine/gearstick movement then try a 100, but really you need a good long test drive with the box to really appreciate it

Better than yours. C*nt.
You can retrofit them quite easily. There's enough bent Sports to get them off a scrapper.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
551792910a12012441402o.jpg

551792910a12012441375o.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really need xenons now would be a massive improvement. I can live without the other xtras such as climates and electric sunroof.

185lb/ft dCi
This thread has come on some what! best thing to say would be a modded dci and standard 1*2 midrange are not far off each other.

anyway lou, i think you'd be better of with an 80 just because if something went on it, it'd be easier to find the parts for it as they are more common. but if your wanting some more speed go for the 100.

Roffle at Diesel Wars.

Face facts. You drive them because they're economical (which is fine). You mod them because you want them to be as fast and fun as the petrol, at which point your fuel economy goes to s**t, you pour plumes of soot everywhere, and it still sounds like a tractor with a box of spanners in the sump.

Torque this, torque that. Blah blah. Firstly, your overall gear ratio is so much higher than a petrol that much of this torque is lost at the wheels. Secondly, 190lb/ft is hardly going to ripple the road up now is it? The only way a dci could feel as quick as a 182 is if you changed gear at 4000rpm in both cars. End.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im not getting into any more arguments but a few facts for people who have no experiance with diesel tuning (not that theirs anything wrong with that, each to their own) but people always jump to the following conclusions due to knowing their brothers mates cousin with the screw mod on his dturbo 306
Roffle at Diesel Wars.

Face facts. You drive them because they're economical (which is fine)agreed. You mod them because you want them to be as fast and fun as the petrol disagree, i mod it because it was cheap to get a big increase unlike my other car, i have no reason to want it to be as fun and fast as the petrol as thats why i bought the petrol, however i do over 1k miles a week with work mostly on your typical scottish rural roads which i wanted something cheap fun and fast and this ticked all the boxes at which point your fuel economy goes to s**t fuel economy gets better, you pour plumes of soot everywhere they produce less smoke once remapped, i think you may be confusing it for a car with a cheap diesel tuning box?, and it still sounds like a tractor with a box of spanners in the sump. agreed

Torque this, torque that. Blah blah. Firstly, your overall gear ratio is so much higher than a petrol that much of this torque is lost at the wheels. Secondly, 190lb/ft is hardly going to ripple the road up now is it? The only way a dci could feel as quick as a 182 is if you changed gear at 4000rpm in both cars. End.if i was to change gear at 4k every gear in my 172 a standard dci 100 would pass it never mind a modified one lol

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'd also like to point out that I've done more than 'remapped' a diesel. They produce more filth. Every time. And they're never as quick as you think. I was running 300-odd lbft in my Megane, and it obliterated my boss' Golf GTi off the line. Come 30mph, he'd sail past me. I'd not see him again.

MCS R56
Roffle at Diesel Wars.

Face facts. You drive them because they're economical (which is fine). You mod them because you want them to be as fast and fun as the petrol, at which point your fuel economy goes to s**t, you pour plumes of soot everywhere, and it still sounds like a tractor with a box of spanners in the sump.

Torque this, torque that. Blah blah. Firstly, your overall gear ratio is so much higher than a petrol that much of this torque is lost at the wheels. Secondly, 190lb/ft is hardly going to ripple the road up now is it? The only way a dci could feel as quick as a 182 is if you changed gear at 4000rpm in both cars. End.

The economy gets better, it depends how you drive them, so nothing to do with the mods (in most cases). Plumes of suit, this only affects the person behind so who cares. Agree on the sound but most four cylinder engines sound pisch anyway, so who cares.

Torque/power - people like what they like. The torque still makes a difference in gear, lost or not. Who cares what feels faster, that's down to the people comparing, not being told by others.

Better than yours. C*nt.
And the economy doesn't get any better TBH. My Megane went from being able to do 70mpg on a very delicate run to doing 50 if I really, really tried.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mine hardly spoke to be fair and no matter what I've done I've never been below 46mpg. If I try it still gets over 70mpg. I'm happy with mine I think that's all that matters. Munson talk about coming in and ruining the control that was gained in this thread lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the trick is your using less revs to get the same performance which is going to give you better mpg which is why mine shot up about 5mpg on average daily driving, if you give it limiter every gear then yes your going to use more fuel as your turbos giving you more air!

MCS R56
And the economy doesn't get any better TBH. My Megane went from being able to do 70mpg on a very delicate run to doing 50 if I really, really tried.

Afraid mine has improved, albeit only by a small amount. Depends on what mods you have. Sounds like your Megane was pisch if you were dropped by a GTi. Maybe the tuning was pretty poor?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Tuning was spot on, but having to stop every 100rpm to change gear means it'll never be as quick as a good petrol.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Right. Let me explain this simply:

Diesel engine's biggest flaw is it goes nuts at 2000rpm, and then runs out of puff at 3000rpm. Decent petrols start at around 2500, and carry on to 5-6000rpm!

MCS R56
Right. Let me explain this simply:

Diesel engine's biggest flaw is it goes nuts at 2000rpm, and then runs out of puff at 3000rpm. Decent petrols start at around 2500, and carry on to 5-6000rpm!

This is so inaccurate, it's unreal! There are so many other factors and variables that count that simply saying that diesel engines rev from 2k to 3k and petrol engines rev from 2.5k to 6k means a big fat ZERO!

You honestly think that what you just said means a petrol car is quicker than a diesel car? LOL!

MCS R56
lol my dci pulls from 1500rpm to 5000rpm thats a 3500rpm power band, as per your description of a "decent petrol"

As I questioned earlier, it sounds like his mystery diesel Megane was tuned in a way that was not very good! Got to laugh!

Decent petrol engine? My Mum's old 1.4 had a decent petrol engine...

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'm out. Obviously F1 have it all wrong, and the fastest cars in the world are diesels.

I <3 CS. This place is comedy!

Better than yours. C*nt.
As I questioned earlier, it sounds like his mystery diesel Megane was tuned in a way that was not very good! Got to laugh!

It wasn't quite as bad as that you imbecile, but diesels do NOT like to rev in the same way that petrols do. They work in different ways.

As before, I'm out. Bunch of f*cking clownshoes on this forum at times!

MCS R56
I'm out. Obviously F1 have it all wrong, and the fastest cars in the world are diesels.

I <3 CS. This place is comedy!

It wasn't quite as bad as that you imbecile, but diesels do NOT like to rev in the same way that petrols do. They work in different ways.

As before, I'm out. Bunch of f*cking clownshoes on this forum at times!

You are the comedy one!

Quote me the comment that said diesel cars are the fastest cars in the world? Although, the AUDI TDI Le Mans car isn't slow! You have cleared one thing up, albeit rather funny. You are referring to F1 engines as "decent petrol engine"...that's pure comedy!

If you has just simply stated you meant a formula 1 car then it would have been so clear; which, by the way rev to like 16k or something so your powerband comment was slightly out!

Bye then, noob!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mike you seem to be failing to grasp things again lol its all a pointless arguements as its horses for courses. There decent deisel engines and pish ones same with petrol. Petrol is no better than diesel and diesel is no better than petrol. You just dont seem to get that diesels have come a very long way in the pas 10 years and they are only going to get better and better. As with diesel power bands if you look at a graph you will see. Torque will start of high and drop of very slowly while its doing this the hp rises and takes over. So throughout the rev range you have power. With petrols no power arrives really till later in the revs.