ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tacho output in fuse box

I need +12v, ground and tacho input for a shift light. Can a renault guy tell me if I can get the +12v and tacho off the standard fuse box inside the car (cup) or do I need to get it off the coil in the engine bay with the wiring hassle that involves?

Many thanks

I know coil will be fine, but it would be a lot more practical to get the signal off the fuse box and avoid all the messing around with cables through bulkhead etc. Anybody with a fusebox wiring diagram?

if tacho itself is fused, may be able to pick up pulses off the fuse box. Possible on many cars, dont know about the clio hence the question.

Dont shift lights just use any 12v in the car? They can tell cus some you plug into ya fag lighter..

Behind the clocks, then..

... but normally, shift lights just plug into the fag lighter and thats it.. it uses voltage changes in that.

not the one I am getting (Omex sequential shift light). I need to connect it to a coil negative. Any ideas if the clio 172/cup runs a single or twin coil negative?