ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping Interior From MK2 PH1 3dr 172 into MK2 PH2 5dr

Hello. I want to swap interior from 172 into my 1.2 Rush 5dr and I'm looking for some advice. I was going trough forum and found some information but would like to confirm it.

1. So front and rear door cards will not fit, that is confirmed. Will the trim from the door card match my door to swap?

2. My car doesn't have seat airbags but have connectors underneath the seats. I confirmed that connectors for airbags are different but you can cut them off and just solder the wires and it will work or you can just use any electrical connectors in case of removing seats again.

3. I read on the forum that the pre-tensioners and connectors on seat belts are different though. So if I'm going to put 172 seats into my car I will just need the connectors that are on the seat belts am I right?

4. What about seat belt sensor that tells you that the driver didn't fasten the seat belt?

Is there anything else I should be concerned of?

Last edited:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
1 - not sure

2 - yes, your car will not have side airbags into the airbag ecu so just leave them unconnected

3 - yes, connector blocks

4 - part of the pretensioning connection

Just swap it over and stop flapping. Buy some connector blocks and that's all you'll need. Careful of the rear seat torx bolt. I have grinded off 2 in the past.

1 - not sure

2 - yes, your car will not have side airbags into the airbag ecu so just leave them unconnected

3 - yes, connector blocks

4 - part of the pretensioning connection

Just swap it over and stop flapping. Buy some connector blocks and that's all you'll need. Careful of the rear seat torx bolt. I have grinded off 2 in the past.

I thought i would be able to connect the side airbags. Car have passenger and driver airbags.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You can connect them if you want but without having them activated in clip they will not function. As your car has not been fitted with them (due to the five door aspect) then turning them on in the 172 seats is not something I would advise. Renault safety engineers understanding of airbags > anyone on cliosport