ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping Front Seats (Non-Sport)

Hi guys,

Finally had some free time to try and install the front sport seats I bought, had a quick look at the wires underneath both seats and realised that I have no idea what I'm looking at! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So, this is what the current passenger seat looks like (I think maybe someone has played with this one before)
d77c56c9f26b752f67297840d38ebb0e.jpg

And this is what the ones I'm trying to install look like:
5b521dc2df677276d602d3f0bce5e66b.jpg

What do I need to do? Any help would be very much appreciated :)

I'd replace your pre-tensioners on these seats then that'll solver the left connector that currently snipped off.

Middle connector never seen before.

Far right connector( as photo'd) is for the seat airbags so if your handy I'd snip the old connector and use some crimps and bullet connectors for maplin.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Dont know how much help it is but....Here is a pic and a close up of my 182 passenger seat. can get better pics if needed.

sub1.jpg

and here is a close up

aaa.jpg

I'd replace your pre-tensioners on these seats then that'll solver the left connector that currently snipped off.

Middle connector never seen before.

Far right connector( as photo'd) is for the seat airbags so if your handy I'd snip the old connector and use some crimps and bullet connectors for maplin.

You'll have to excuse me as I'm a bit clueless - Where is the pretensioner? Which left do we mean sorry? Far left one coming from 'under' the seat?

How would I go about snipping the airbag connecters etc. as I literally have no idea! Sorry to be such a pain!

Dont know how much help it is but....Here is a pic and a close up of my 182 passenger seat. can get better pics if needed.

View attachment 114659

and here is a close up

View attachment 114660

Thank you, that does genuienly help :)

You'll have to excuse me as I'm a bit clueless - Where is the pretensioner? Which left do we mean sorry? Far left one coming from 'under' the seat?

How would I go about snipping the airbag connecters etc. as I literally have no idea! Sorry to be such a pain!

Thank you, that does genuienly help :)

Left of that photo is your pre-tensioner wiring (one that's been snipped) this is your seat belt.

Middle connector still no idea

The right connector I'd chop off and either solder the other connector on from your existing seat or use crimps

maplin-insulated-crimp-terminal-butt-splice-red.jpg

Wire in each end and crimp with crimp pliers or pliers with a vice like grip.