ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suzuki Swift Sport

Renaultsport Twingo
Yeah i nearly got a cooper s but waay too small boot.

I have the sliding rear seats so boot is as big as you like lol

Suzuki Swift Sport
Yeah i nearly got a cooper s but waay too small boot.

I have the sliding rear seats so boot is as big as you like lol

Ah I see, didnt realise they did that! Bet the Swift and the Twingo would be fairly evenly matched on track, Twingo would have a slight advantage I'd imagine with slightly better handling and more power but bet it would be pretty close!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Just been for a run out in the Swift, still going well, i've done nearly 10,000 miles in it now and it's wanted for nothing. Finally going to be putting a new set of tyres on in the new year, apart from that its spot on!

8329335013_0fa9fd3246_b.jpg

197 Cup, Ford Puma
Looks nice, i still miss my red one. I had h&r springs on mine after trying a few different ones i found it more settled on the limit and alot less crashy at low speeds. I would also reccomend removing the second cat as it will still pass an mot without it and a panel filter for a little better induction note.

My pet hate was the rear fog light/reverse lights being different colours and making the back look mismatched but you can fit a reverse light from a lhd car an a red bulb to solve that, but then again thats just my ocd. SSOC is a good source of info.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Got a soft spot for these. Only thing (IMO) that let's yours down is the plate. Looks a bit untidy.

Other than that I love it.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Really like that actually looks great in the pictures

Suzuki Swift Sport
Looks nice, i still miss my red one. I had h&r springs on mine after trying a few different ones i found it more settled on the limit and alot less crashy at low speeds. I would also reccomend removing the second cat as it will still pass an mot without it and a panel filter for a little better induction note.

My pet hate was the rear fog light/reverse lights being different colours and making the back look mismatched but you can fit a reverse light from a lhd car an a red bulb to solve that, but then again thats just my ocd. SSOC is a good source of info.

What sort of a job is it removing the second cat? Did you do this with a standard exhaust? How did it sound? I was thinking of getting a panel filter although not sure which one to get, the Monster one is expensive!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks fantastic in that last pic mate. Really like it.

197 Cup, Ford Puma
What sort of a job is it removing the second cat? Did you do this with a standard exhaust? How did it sound? I was thinking of getting a panel filter although not sure which one to get, the Monster one is expensive!

BMC panel filter is the one to go for, if i remember right it was about £40 at most. My exhaust was all standard, just cut the cat out and welded a bit of pipe in its place, somewhere like powerflow will do it cheap if you cant do it yourself. There was a slight change in sound, it wasnt a massive amount louder but it had a nice rasp to it.

I would have another swift in a heartbeat and i would have it eactly the same as i had my old one, you can throw money at them on exhausts/coilovers etc but in the real world a few subtle mods are enough to make it just right. They arent far off to start off with!

Phil

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Very nice example there, I actually deliberated over a Swift Sport and it was my second choice before going for the 133. Smashing looking wee motors imo

Suzuki Swift Sport

That is a fantastic price for the wheels, would love the Turini style rims, I cant justify it though, if they did them in silver I maybe could!

I was looking at a set of Toyo Proxes PX4 from Camskill, but they no longer seem to be listed and everywhere else wants a lot more for them, don't know what to do re tyres now!

In terms of exhaust / airfilter, I think I may just go for a BMC panel filter and leave the exhaust for now. Tempting to go for a second cat removal though!

Edit. Just noticed the turini style wheels are 4 stud.

197 Cup, Ford Puma
Go for 205 wide instead, thats what most do (myself included). Much more choice and cheaper, they fit fine as long as your not running daft low on coilovers.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Go for 205 wide instead, thats what most do (myself included). Much more choice and cheaper, they fit fine as long as your not running daft low on coilovers.

What profile? Was looking at 205 40 17 although I guess they will be slightly lower than 195 45 and didnt want to harm the ride in any way!

These area cool little cars. I've been rolling around in one on-and-off recently. Serial slow but good fun. Steering feels a little curious on the straight ahead though.

197 Cup, Ford Puma
I used 205/45's, they are not any lower as the rim is narrower it makes up for the difference. Cant say i noticed anything changing with the ride. Apparently they are a little faster on track but i cant vouch for that.

Suzuki Swift Sport
How's the fuel economy doing? I've heard mixed opinions.

Depends how you drive it, mine is averaging 37.3 at the moment. Thats with some very short commutes, country road driving and a bit of motorway. Interestingly it is worse on the motorway than running around (down to the low gearing). Even when I did a track day and the run there and back it averaged 32!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
If the m16 engine is like the m15 it should be chain.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Just thought id put in a quick update.

This is now the longest ive owned a car - thinking of keeping it now until I can afford an ST Fiesta.

Its got 4 new Goodyears on now and just had a 54k service at Suzuki where the aux belts, gearbox oil, brake fluid etc were changed and it had an mot. Nothing wrong with it at all and its driving better than ever. Still getting 38 ish mpg running about.

Also bought some Suzuki Sport Group N pads for it although not fitted yet because the pads have quite a bit left on them, just watching out for some discs at a decent price and that will be the next job.

Took it to North Wales earlier in the year, its still a lot of fun despite its lack of pace.

8981024653_8afddb848d_o.jpg

Suzuki Swift Sport
Pace is definitely not everything! I still have a soft spot for the Swift.

I agree, the only time I found the pace an issue is on a track day at Anglesey where I felt like I was a mobile chicane on the straights! On a good back road I very rarely even give the pace a thought, it feels quick enough to have fun - it also prevents you from ending up at license losing speeds so easily!

The road on the last pic was from Lake Vyrnwy up to Bala - an incredible road, would love to do it again!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Bit of an update, just had the car mot'd and serviced again at the main dealers. Went for some new discs and had the Suzuki Sport Group N pads fitted. Took the car to Cadwell yesterday and it went really well. Still enjoy driving this on track so much, really handles nicely. The brakes are now awesome with the new pads, really was leaning on them and not a vibration / rumble or any fade at all!

Here are a few pics :

14332665317_4a502c4bcf_b.png

14517703834_de8db5f6ed_b.png

14519108295_844a59aafa_b.png

14332514849_9b7eddbd92_b.png

14515728161_66f3c2efe7_b.png

Suzuki Swift Sport
That looks excellent!

These are such a bargain now!

Cheers, its the longest I have ever kept a car (almost 3 years now) and I still enjoy driving it. Such good fun on track, think I need to get some more booked! Because it is light it doesn't seem to wear brakes / tyres much either. So far in the time I have had it, it's been faultless and still feels like new to drive. Keep thinking about swapping it for something quicker but for now its staying!