ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension upgrade ideas???

Clio 197
Hello people i want to get my 1.5dci 100 lowered but dont really know what im looking for.

I dont want it lowered to much so its looks chavvy maybe 40mm or 60mm?

What would 40 or 60mm be like for going over speed bumbs and general ride comfort?

Also can anyone tell me any places that do lowering suspension for the 1.5 dci100?

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
If you have a basic tool kit its a job you could do yourself, especially the rear springs, 60mm lowered going over speed bumps will be a pain.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Afaik apex are the only people that offer springs with that sort of drop... But eibach don't go that low for a reason. It will ride like s**t and ruin your shocks.

If you want it a bit lower, buy sportlines, if you want it real low, buy coilovers.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
best setup for the cars from a handling point of view is koni adjustables and eibach sportlines. they cost about the same if not more than cheap coilovers but ive never tried cheap coilovers cant imagine them being as good from a performance point of view though.

i was running sportlines on standard dampers and it handled well, standard dampers didnt last long though!

this is how it looked
15122009139.jpg

img0614a.jpg

this was apex -60mm - bumpy and crashy on standard dampers wouldnt recomend them unless running uprated dampers
01032009494.jpg

Clio 197
So if i got sportlines how much do they lower the car? And would i have to buy upgraded dampers? Can you link me to a site that would sell that suspension and a site with the upgraded dampers i would need.

I like the look of ur black 100 how much is that lowered?

And also how would I go about getting it fitted to my car if I buy the kit online?

Clio 197
danny what are Pi? i basically want any DECENT suspension that isnt going to make my exhaust smash on the ground when i go over bumps and that is going to be suitable for my car.

How much is your suspension?

Clio RS 2.0 16v
If I use Koni yellow shocks with Eibch Sportline spring, is it needed to remove or cut the bump-stop rubber to obtain more suspension travel distance?

Many thanks.