ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surfing with a renault key

clio 172 cup
Hi.
Im sure there must be other surfers on here. Iv'e just bought a clio cup 172. I've only ever had old cars with no imobiliser/cl/ alarm so im new to the problem of taking the key in the water.
What do others do. My friend has a BMW and has a little plastic key that will unlock the car but not start it, he takes that surfing. Should the clio have one of those or can i get one made? what other options do i have.

Don't suggest hiding under a wheelarch as where i surf there is chavs just waiting to pilfer your shizzle.

clio 172 cup
No im on about the key for a mk2 clio.

ye, but i dont really like having it in my wetty, its pretty chunky, dont want it digging in me when i pull a reverse spin kick slide olly carve.

17RS2'd Cup
unlock it manually from the passenger side?? you should have a spare key so it doesnt matter if one gets wet

Fiesta ST-3
Lock your key in your mates BMW ........

FLOL.

When ever i surf its normally with someone as you should never surf alone and we have a beach bag and chuck all our stuff in there. If you dont want to take your keys in with you as its too chuncky etc then you dont have much option do you?

clio 172 cup
Do what your mate has done?

Go to a key cutter - get the blade cut onto a blank key - will cost you £8 max.

Leave the immobiliser key in your car (the one that will start the car)

Press the lock doors button from what ever side of the door your lock is on, shut door, lock door.

I like it. was wondering if that was an option. Nice one.

clio 172 cup
FLOL.

When ever i surf its normally with someone as you should never surf alone and we have a beach bag and chuck all our stuff in there. If you dont want to take your keys in with you as its too chuncky etc then you dont have much option do you?

Never surf alone? The goal IS to surf alone. And a beach bag would get washed away, stolen, or suprisingly common, pissed on by dogs.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Take your spare key blade out of the plastic fob, hide the fob, have the passenger door open and press the central locking button, close door and look it manually and slip key into wetsuit. Have been doing it for years now.

and nothing beats surfing alone in the early hours of the morning just as the sun has come up on an empty beach.