ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged BG +++++

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Not really going to be a project as the car is now mostly finished. I have owned the Clio for 2 1/2 years and have been modifying the car from pretty much day one. I only really bought the Clio as a little bit of fun until I found something else, but within a week I totally fell in love with car's handling and the way the car drove, the car was totally standard at this point and I thought to myself it may be fun to see what can be done with this great little car.

All my previous cars had a few bits done to them before I got them and never really felt like my car, so I wanted to make the Clio all my own and got the mods under way.

This was the car when I first bought it, only mod was a yozza.

clio182decat007_zpsc222b3f2.jpg

I originally wanted to get the car going a lot quicker so I looked at supercharging, ITBS, cams ect, but decided it would be a better idea to sort out the suspension, wheels ect. I then decided to get a set of 438 cams and was really happy with how the they performed but really wanted a Supercharger. I bought a supercharger kit from ktec and then the fun began, fitted the kit with a friend and the car went off to be mapped, whilst the car was being mapped the cam belt slipped and bent a load of valves and made a right mess of the head. I was devastated, but it seems it was my own fault for not getting a MEG key way pulley fitted. So after buying a brand new head form Renault and a Meg pulley the car was put back together only for the unthinkable to happen, the brand new head dropped a valve within 5 miles of being fitted.

This left me in a nightmare situation, so the supercharger ect was removed form the car and it went to Renault for them to diagnose why the head had failed, after a long battle with Renault and being without the car for 5 months Renault excepted liability and fitted a brand new engine in the car. After running the car in for a good 1500 miles the supercharger was refitted, we decided not to refit the cams as they were probably a bit much on the standard engine.

The supercharger has now been on for about 2 month's, had a issue with a misfire but that was found to be a loose connection and the car now runs great. I have done one track evening and a whole day at snetterton and a lot of hard road miles and the car has preformed without any issues. I am really happy with the car now, I don't intend on taking the car any further, but you never know.

Vid of track evening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpJpyQVi40

So this is the spec of the car now and probably wont change to much as long as nothing brakes.

Engine

Standard F4R
Rotrex C30 94 Charger
Gen 90 ECU
ktr boost pipes with custom intake
Forge coolant hoses
Toyo sport intercooler
Meg 225 injectors/ plugs
Meg 225 crank pulley
Milltek exhaust and decat
Mocal oil cooler (engine)
Mocal oil cooler for charger

Suspension/wheels tyres

H&R Coilovers
Ktr solid top mounts
Whiteline arb
Powerflex front arb bush's
Ktr carbon rear strut brace
Road pro race 1.2s with PE2's
Track OZ F1's with R888's

Brakes

Willwood 4 pots with AP 295 dics/mintex 1155's pads
Standard rears with standard pads
Braided lines front/rear

Interior

Cobra Suzuka pros on cobra x-low subframes
Sparco 3 point harness's
Renault sport matts
Flocked dash
Alcantara A Pillars and handbrake cover
Ktr boot mat
Carbon dash strips/gear knob insert/door pulls
Oreca race steering wheel

ICE

Alpine head unit
Pioneer custom fit speakers
MTX road thunder 8" powered sub

Exterior

Carbon front splitter
Carbon fog surrounds
Carbon washer blanks
Carbon wing mirrors
Carbon exhaust surrounds
Carbon bullets
Carbon Clio badge

And a few pics of how she looks now

scclio2025_zpsd7f52752.jpg

scclio2004_zpsf3df0118.jpg

scclio2015_zpsfacaf3f6.jpg

scclio2013_zpsfe04022c.jpg

scclio2010_zps0c675d0e.jpg

scclio2024_zpsff36f2f2.jpg

I
will keep this up to date with trackday footage and any issues that arise.

:cool: Really love the look of this Dom can't wait to see it at CSS, you've done some very tasty mods to it it looks perfect. I like the filter relocation pipe that you get in ktecs kit.

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Thanks Craig, means a lot coming from you, we will have to park the cars up together at CSS, yellow and black will look really cool next to each other.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Awesome. So awesome. I wish I had the money to do this sort of thing.

Those seats/dash/wheel makes the inside a nice place to be :) Love it.

SG9 Forester STi
Really like that! I've always loved the black and anthracite combo.

Your plans for it sound epic :approve:.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I love this, my favourite 182 on here, everything for a purpose with no tacky add on's. Perfect!

Thanks Danny:)

Awesome. So awesome. I wish I had the money to do this sort of thing. Those seats/dash/wheel makes the inside a nice place to be :) Love it.

Thanks Reko, it is quite a nice place to be for a Clio, my last car was a few bit dearer than the Clio so when I sold it all the money was put into the Clio, plus a little more lol

The supercharger kit must me major ££££! Looks a brilliant example i'd love a shot of one charged!

Thanks Krys, kit is quite expensive, but well worth it

Really like that! I've always loved the black and anthracite combo. Your plans for it sound epic :approve:.

Thanks Vicky, what plans lol, do you know something I don't. What's going on with your car, still got the nos?

SG9 Forester STi
Thanks Vicky, what plans lol, do you know something I don't. What's going on with your car, still got the nos?

Lol utter brain fail. Merged two threads in my head lol. I meant to say the spec list you've got is epic!

I did have but I sold the car 3 weeks ago (saving for a mortgage :() I fitted the Wilwood's not long before I sold it, they're brilliant aren't they! Alas I roll in an mx-5 now lol, still good fun though!

Ive always loved this car, even more so now!

The thing certainly shifts also, the best bit is it just goes with out making too much noise/fuss.

Safety devices half cage would finish it off Dom ;)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Them brakes look amazing!

Thanks jesus, they stop the car pretty well too.

Im loving this, great effort, real result in the end with the new engine..

Thanks mate, deffo got a touch in getting the new engine, have you picked up your Trophy yet.

Looking sweet Dom, well done

Thanks Rhys, will be great when you get the phase 1 finished, it's looking epic.

Lol utter brain fail. Merged two threads in my head lol. I meant to say the spec list you've got is epic!

I did have but I sold the car 3 weeks ago (saving for a mortgage :() I fitted the Wilwood's not long before I sold it, they're brilliant aren't they! Alas I roll in an mx-5 now lol, still good fun though!

Lol, shame you had to sell the car, getting a house is a good reason though and a mx-5 is still great fun, the brakes are a nice bit of kit

Looks great!! What diameter is the wheel? I'm in the market for a new wheel soon and the Ocera looks good and not too expensive!

Wheel is 330 mm mate, they are a great wheel for the money, thanks

Ive always loved this car, even more so now!

The thing certainly shifts also, the best bit is it just goes with out making too much noise/fuss.

Safety devices half cage would finish it off Dom ;)

As always thanks for the kind comments Dan, don't really want to fit a cage, might scare off some potential victims :evil:

Very nice, Dom - and a great spec, too! I hope I can make it to CSS as I wouldn't mind a look at your wee beast (ooer!) :eek:

Hopefully yours will be ready by then as well, will be good to have a butchers

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely love it. Very purposeful.

You haven't gone into too much detail, but I imagine it was quite a battle to get Renault to replace the engine after you'd bolted a charger to it? I'd imagine that would have been their comeback for a long time.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Really well built and tastefully done by the looks of the pictures, some howl off the charger too.

Thanks mate, charger sounds much better on the out side of the car, going to try and rig up the go pro on the front of the car so I can hear what it sounds like:)

Love everything about this Dom, enjoy it mate. :approve:

Thanks mate, that's the plan now, just want to enjoy it for a while without tinkering, well I will try.

I think the callipers would look good a crazy colour? Pink or something? No? lol

Errr.... No lol

Car looks awesome, but have a look at what happens if you roll it when running buckets & harnesses, but no cage.

Thanks Dave, I know I should really fit a cage, but I don't want any cheap rubbish and the good ones are soooo expensive. I will try and sort something out before the car goes back out on track.

Absolutely love it. Very purposeful.

You haven't gone into too much detail, but I imagine it was quite a battle to get Renault to replace the engine after you'd bolted a charger to it? I'd imagine that would have been their comeback for a long time.

Thanks, Renault were more concerned that the car was a track car and they have never had a head fail (apparently)

This car is perfect, I'm looking at it and seeing if It was my car and could do anything else. but I can't find anything lol!

I am not sure the car is perfect, really need to sort out the stone chips on the front and there are a few marks here and there, but I don't think I can handle it when it starts to chip again, thanks.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Couple of vids of 0-100 standard vs supercharged

Standard

Supercharged

Last edited by a moderator:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kangoosport
Im loving this, great effort, real result in the end with the new engine..

Thanks mate, deffo got a touch in getting the new engine, have you picked up your Trophy yet.

Not yet mate, but Id love do charge it up once Ive got to grips with it... No knowhow unfortunately