ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday driver: Dirty DC2

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Sounds 100mph, looks 20mph. That's just not right and makes you seem like a typical barry boy.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Love that it's well used. Just wish you'd kept the buddyclub :(

I'd love to have kept it, but that thing got so much attention from the wrong sort. I was pulled twice in a month with it lol.

Plus I had that on when I was using the car every day - setting off to my girlfriends about 3 miles away and she could hear me coming!

May have to get another :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
This.

I can't think of anything worse than pulling up to a diesel jag and getting left behind, all the while sounding like a fart through a megaphone.

I know this because I've been there and done it, it's embarrassing tbh.

It's not about straight line speed with this car though, the driving experience is extraordinary.

Or are you saying you've had a DC2 and got left by a Jag? I find Insignias are the worse. I know I'm in for a battle when the CDTi is in red letters lol...

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
ridiculous

1397.gif

Needs the US spec sideskirts and rear bumper spats to pull off that front splitter and spoiler, looks unbalanced at the moment.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Oh right LOL, I'd love an N1. Next exhaust for sure.

Any vids? Thought you'd sold your EP3?!

I only have a couple of crappy ones! Will get a good'un this week.

It stayed, and is now booked in to ABP next week ;)
Couldn't justify getting a new car and spending more on insurance and fuel just at the moment tbh!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I only have a couple of crappy ones! Will get a good'un this week.

It stayed, and is now booked in to ABP next week ;)
Couldn't justify getting a new car and spending more on insurance and fuel just at the moment tbh!

Nice one, what you getting done FRSU?

Keep it, new cars suck.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Don't just give it full throttle and let it spin right up. It's quite a technique to learn but you essentially need to keep the revs up in the power band, but without banging it off the limiter. It takes a bit of practice but if you can judge the amount of throttle needed (bracing your foot is the hard part so it doesn't jump off the throttle under acceleration)

If you're just going bwabwabwabwabwabwa you won't really go anywhere.

This should give you an idea of what I mean.

Told like a true pro. Your the guy who can drift Ken Blocks car with ease iirc?

Take an advanced driving course to pilot your 1.2?

Last edited by a moderator:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

Was waiting for Kenny from the block thread references, hahaha!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

True pro? Nah. Just experience from hillclimbs and sprints all over the south west for years. But I forgot, owning an AWD Golf makes you an expert on race car preparation, and that owning a 1.2 means you've never driven anything else.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
True pro? Nah. Just experience from hillclimbs and sprints all over the south west for years. But I forgot, owning an AWD Golf makes you an expert on race car preparation, and that owning a 1.2 means you've never driven anything else.
I wasn't the one dishing out advice, rendering the middle part of that sentence irrelevant. Added to the fact it launches for me ;)

I know a lad with a DC2, I'm still waiting for a ride but from what I've been told it is a properly quick car. DC5 is on my to own list.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I like and its purposeful. Its better than seeing the true drivers car polished within an inch of its life.

Loved it with the rest of the carbon like so -

9577739478_12ac91f8cc_c.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
These cars are great, not my cup of tea ref the spoiler but like you say mate each to their own. Im more impressed how you are resisting biting after some of the remarks. That looks ace imo