ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer project-Unusual Honda content

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

Not sure if this'll interest many people on here but here it goes anyway.

I'm planning on restoring this as a summer project...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373798477.844958.jpg

It's a Honda ST70

The story behind it, my uncle who I was very close to bought it from a mate. I'm led to believe his mate imported it himself from Japan, need to do some more digging though.

Unfortunately my uncle passed away just over 4 years ago and left it in his will to me and my 2 brothers. We used it for a bit, had a play around but then it got put away 2 years ago in a (not entirely dry) shed.

My brothers have lost interest in it themselves but would like to see it back to how it's former glory. We've agreed if I restore it and pay for parts I can keep it, I now have dry storage for it.

So plans are:
Strip engine, rebuild and maybe a bit of light tuning.
Respray bodywork white and reapply new decals.
Strip, clean and rebuild the brakes.
Hopefully the seat will just clean up, not my cup of tea but it's always been on there so have no intention of changing it.
Polish all the chrome up.

Then finally enjoy it :) It's actually a right laugh to ride so I'm looking forward to it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373799413.064353.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373799454.533889.jpg

Once finished I hope it'll look a bit more like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373799535.855650.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I love these little bikes, looking forward to how you get on with it.