ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUB & AMP

clio sport 182
hey guys i need help,
i have a clio sport 182 and looking to add an subwoofer and amplifier to the car but i have been told i need a new head unit to do this?
i have a standard head unit that came with the car and have been told i need to change this can any 1 help me please?

much apreciated bigfishy

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Go into halfords and ask for a hi low converter jack thing. splice this into your current headunit speeker wires. £5

There you go - DIY RCA outputs. Ran this setup for a bit but its s**t. Much better to buy a new HU as the quality is a lot better.

wrong section aswell mate

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It's ok mate no massive issue anyway- Looks like a mod has moved it for you.

Its now in the correct section

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
get a new headunit,

putting an amped input into another amp is not a good idea

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique
Yeh its best to get a new headunit, some arent that expensive, I got mine for £45. Its not the best but its got all I need, ipod connections, RCAs for amp etc

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
hes got a alpine x300

iDA-X300.jpg

Clio
Its called a Line level converter or high level converter. Takes the signal from the speaker wires and converts it to RCA's which you can plug into an amp. However as The Boosh mentioned, they are not a great option in terms of sound quality and level. For some reason they actually work better on other cars, i.e. not renaults. New headunit is really the best option, better sound quality even before you add amps and more speakers.