ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid question

Rb 182
Can you jet wash inside your engine bay?

My mate does it all the time n says's it's fine but I'm not sure lol

Can I?? Or should I not my bay has soo much crap in there, I will wash it proberly after just want to get the build up of crap off first

Thanks or any help

53 Clio's & counting
you can, but you need to know what you are doing.

I would suggest against it as it is very easy to get water into the spark plug holes - you need to also wrap everything that is electrical - i dont have to explain water and electrics don't mix lol

Evo 5 RS
Don't do it...

Cloth, or even a roll of kitchen roll, and use degreaser to wipe down all the dirt. Or do what I did and inadvertently drive into a giant f**king lake and spend 4 hours trying to clear a misfire

but at least the engine bay was cleaned up

Rb 182
My mate does it in his Vts, other mate in his ibza cupra and my mate also jus done it to his supra??

They all say its fine??

Think I'll just get a cloth lol

Black 172
If your (deliberate misuse) going to waste your time being pedantic, at least get it right. Try using quotation marks instead of apostrophe's when you are quoting something next time.

Sad sack.

ITB'd MK1
possibly the single most stupid thing you can do to an engine. I'll sometimes jetwash a bay out before doing a big strip down, simply to make it easier to work on. I've seen more misfires and rusted up plugs and leads from washed engines than you'd believe

Black 172
You quoted the word with a correction. Because you're a sad sack. There's no other reason to put an apostrophe before and after a word unless you were quoting it.

Perhaps you won't mind if I correct you whenever you make an insignificant mistake? You posted this earlier this morning:

Yeah, until it snaps it's piss-weak timing chain that is.

I think you meant "its". Better get your own s**t in order before you start criticising others.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
See, you can do it pendulumx. So why not get it right the first time bro?

the-more-you-know.jpg

troll_face.png