ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid Bucket Seat Fitting Question - Bolts

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Hi all,

I'm being stupid and not finding a lot of information on the bolts that I need to buy to fit the Sparco bucket seats and sub frames into my 182. The only things I can find seem to mention different sizes so I thought I'd just ask to make sure.

I've ordered these fixings for attaching the Sparco seats to the subframes. Will they do the job?
eBay Link

What bolts (and nuts/washers) do I need to buy to fit the subframes through the car? I really want to make sure I get these right as I don't want them to break during a spot of bother. If someone can tell me (or post a link) of exactly what I need to buy it would be greatly appreciated.

After that I need to remove the seat belt buckles from the OEM seats and put them back in the car so that I can make sure it'll still get an MOT (and I don't want road legal harnesses to be honest). Do people just drill through the subframe and bolt it to that somehow?

I'll then have to look at harness fixings, but that can come another day!

Thank you in advance, and apologies for asking such a daft question. I just want to get it right with never doing anything like it before.

dan's cast offs.
These JPR Developments universal bucket mounting bolts are a quids worth at the most but we want to make them sound special and vastly inflate the price

these will do...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-SELF-C...hash=item2c6d1d6f3f:m:m8VyR8EbeO4I3wbrrUiIbyA

M8 x 25mm or if you want to use the original nuts go for 30/35mm.

first bit isn't meant to sound pissy towards you, just annoys me the way companies make out like they are magical bolts!!

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Awesome, thank you kindly for that. I've just ordered some of the 35mm so I can use the existing nuts.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to mount the oem buckles to the subframe? Is it just a case of drilling a whole and going for it?

Volantech CC Panels
Awesome, thank you kindly for that. I've just ordered some of the 35mm so I can use the existing nuts.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to mount the oem buckles to the subframe? Is it just a case of drilling a whole and going for it?

I've just put bucket seats in with standard belts for now, I have bolted a 106/Saxo rear seatbelt buckle to the side mount for now, seems to do the job alright

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Cool, thank you. I'm going to head over to the car this afternoon so will have a look at doing something like that. I'm sure I can pick up a couple of them for a few quid. Have you got any pictures of how you've mounted them at all please?

Volantech CC Panels
Cool, thank you. I'm going to head over to the car this afternoon so will have a look at doing something like that. I'm sure I can pick up a couple of them for a few quid. Have you got any pictures of how you've mounted them at all please?
So here is the buckle I have, its off a Saxo I believe
IMG_20161206_WA0020.jpg

Due to the fact it's just seatbelt material, if you bolt it straight to the seat it's going to flop down, making entering the car a bit of a mission to find the buckle, so I went about designing myself a plastic bracket to hold it up, the bottom goes through the gap in where the felt attaches and it gets bolted to the sidemount all in one go. The little recess at the top is to cable tie the belt to it, this doesn't affect anything and only holds the belt up:
IMG_20161207_WA0002.jpg

And here it all is bolted up to the side mount, however I am not 100% sure this is safe but for me its a temporary measure until I have a safe way of attaching harnesses
IMG_20161208_WA0009.jpg

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Spot on, thank you kindly for the photographs. I'll have a look and then report back if I can't figure anything with the OEM belts. I've got a feeling that I'll be buying some Saxo buckles the same.

Thanks again :up:

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Thank you for the offer, the buckles have arrived today so i'll try and fit them at the weekend and see how I get on. I'll certainly give you a shout if I need a couple of brackets making :up: