ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling to sell my cars?

Discounted 1*2 parts
At the moment we are selling both our cars but we are not having much luck.

I've got my 182 FF up for sale with 85k on the clock for £4400 and my girlfirends sportka with 35k for £3300.

Ive not had any interest in the 182 and only 2 people half interested in the sportka.

I have them both on pistonheads, the ka has been on ebay twice and the clio is on here as well.

Any advice? Do i need to lower the prices? Both cars are in extremely good condition.

Anywhere else i can advertise for free?

Tom

DB.

BMW 440i
My car sold in 15 mims on autotrader, was with the money putting it on there! Why not try one on there?

Megane r26
autotrader is the way forward always sold mine on there on pistonheads just seem to get fucked about by kids an folk wanting to swap

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I know some people are different but I wouldn't be going for your 182. When there are so many RS 1*2's out there and for £4k I'd imagine I can get one with much lower mileage.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I know some people are different but I wouldn't be going for your 182. When there are so many RS 1*2's out there and for £4k I'd imagine I can get one with much lower mileage.

agree with Jamie on the 182- High 3's with that mileage!

What I would say about pistonheads is its a niche type site, good for selling cars like renault sports, & sports cars- I doubt I would have listed the KA on there though-
I would have put that on AT- it will get the more regular audience it appeals to-

S

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I hardly use AT anymore as it's quite slow and crap. Prefered it before their revamp.

More poke than viagr
i know this may not apply, but my mate has gone through loads of cars and when he bothers to take really good pics of them they sell alot faster than when he just takes quick snaps.

Just a lil idea

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can't you sell them to a trader that comes into your garage?

the thing is with 182's and 172's is that there are so many available , i would of thought around the 4k mark was quite reasonable , and coming from a renault dealer as well would be well looked after , it will sell i would of thought

Clio 182 arctic
agree with Jamie on the 182- High 3's with that mileage!

What I would say about pistonheads is its a niche type site, good for selling cars like renault sports, & sports cars- I doubt I would have listed the KA on there though-
I would have put that on AT- it will get the more regular audience it appeals to-

S
is that what price band theyre falling into now, christ thats low

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Not for 85,000 miles its not! It needs to be cheap to stand out from the hundreds of other similarly priced examples with 40/50,000 miles on.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Its a tricky one- You will find most ~average sales between 4.5k & 5.5k
The lower end price for cars around 50/60k miles-

People always expect a bit of haggle, so looking at 85k miles list around 4.1/4.2 & take 3.9 ish-

This isnt obviously knocking the OP's car & a lot of people on here are happy to buy higher mileage cars but joe public tends to be put off at the 60k mark, let alone 85k-
theres so much choice out there!!

Im sure I saw a 100k one for sale the other day for £2995-

Daniels comments are a good one- although I thought dealer PX' type cars were just auctioned off-

the PX price on a 54 Plate with 85k is around mid 3's

S

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I haven't seen your for sale threads/adverts, but great images of the car really will help sell it, if it looks amazing in the advert more people are likely to come have a look.

Discounted 1*2 parts
thanks for the comments guys

about an hour after starting this thread i got a call about the girlfriends KA so fingers crossed he'll have that, he's coming this afternoon

looks like i'm going to have to lower the price of the 182 then. I did have a look around and i thought i was pricing it fairly competitively (obviously not!)

BMW 320d M-Sport
Popped either/both of them in your local newspaper? That can often work a treat, particularly with the KA I'd have thought

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
i was chatting to a guy from autotrader, apparently a lot of their market is still in the magazine. It worth popping it in there. I know when i sold my 1.6 i faffed about putting it in local ads and just online with autotrader and didn't get much. Eventually i got a really good rate on their double spread ad and then had plenty of interest and it sold within a couple of days of that ad.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Not that I'm looking to buy, but I was looing at your ad a few days ago. What put me off was the black bullets and badges, missing splitter, missing RS badge and painted calipers. The exhaust looks a little odd, looks like the alignment is a bit out. All of these things add up and give a "fiddled with" look, which personally puts me off at any price.

You have too many pictures of the outside, many of which are very similar. Have 4 or 5 decent ones including the interior and engine bay, even if it means you have to spend a day cleaning them.

Hope that helps, good luck.