ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped Mk1 Project

Clio 1.4 Maxim
can i use my original driveshafts and hubs etc, dont really want the wide track on front if possible?? maybe even my gearbox or will the power just kill them??

thanks

Rb 182
can i use my original driveshafts and hubs etc, dont really want the wide track on front if possible?? maybe even my gearbox or will the power just kill them??

thanks

??

The 16v dont have wider track. Only the willy so just use the 16v parts.

The 1.4 shafts prob will fit and be ok. But if you have the 16v bits they are tried and tested.

:D

Clio 1.4 Maxim

thanks

??

The 16v dont have wider track. Only the willy so just use the 16v parts.

The 1.4 shafts prob will fit and be ok. But if you have the 16v bits they are tried and tested.

:D

oh smart if its not widetrack that helps just need to find a donor now :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I hope your right Dave!

Are you sure its not a bit wider what with the arches and all? Even if its just slightly longer wishbones. We should look into that!

Rb 182
Quickie from the clio on a diet!

Removed the tar from pass side

Before
100_0276.jpg

After
100_0277.jpg

And then the drivers side

Before
100_0278.jpg

After
100_0279.jpg

Ill get some tar and glue on it tommorrow :)

More strippage to come!!11

Rb 182
Boot

Before
100_0280.jpg

after
100_0281.jpg

Still more to come out from under the seats, but ran out of light :(

Coming on though. How many weeks to Fcs :eek:

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Good job!!! Do love to see people saving weight as well as striving for more power the 2 should go hand in hand IMO. When I stripped the sound deadening out of the valver i weighed it and it weighs around 9kg.

Keep up the good work.

Rb 182
does this actually affect the weight of the car?? and how the hell dya get it out?

Yeah, i think it saves a few Kg, big power with little weight is the idea here.

Using a heat gun and wall paper scraper. :0

Good job!!! Do love to see people saving weight as well as striving for more power the 2 should go hand in hand IMO. When I stripped the sound deadening out of the valver i weighed it and it weighs around 9kg.

Keep up the good work.

9kg thats good going, more weight still to come out.

keep up the good work lads :D

Cheers :star:

Mk1 RT + F7p + 172 Brakes
how easy is it to get a clio to sub 900kgs?

would be looking at power/weight ratio of around 150bhp+ then with a good 7p lump

Last edited:
  Rb 182
how easy is it to get a clio to sub 900kgs?

would be looking at power/weight ratio of around 150bhp+ then with a good 7p lump

Not 100% sure on the weights but im trying to go as lean as i can but retain (most) of the dash.

Need to find a weigh bridge

Rb 182
Few pics from my 5 mins i put into the car today.

More tar out, this time from behind the rear seats.

Before

100_0285.jpg

100_0286.jpg

After
100_0287.jpg

100_0288.jpg

Only tar left is under the seats but that will be out soon, along with a few other changes ;)

Comments welcome as per.

x

Rb 182
^^ looks good mate, just need to clean that mess up an ur sorted.

Dibs on the bonnet when its up for sale!

I started to clean it up but i used all the tar and glue remover in my work :eek:

SO waiting for more to come through.

You have first refusal on the bonnet mate. :star: