ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise from my engine??

Clio 182
Hi guys i have just bought my first clio 182 a few weeks ago. I have noticed over the last
few days that my engine has startd making a strange noise when ticking over. Its a quiet rattle that
almost makes the engine sound like a diesel engine.
Any ideas what it could be??

RS clio 182
Ye I think it's about a £400 job means a full belt replacement. Mine needs it 2. Won't harm it if left the noise just gets worse.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
got mine donearound £680 by Rentech in Edinburgh, seems cheaper down south

Hardly, you'll have to throw in a waterpump around £70 whilst you're at it too, save that going and doing the aux belt over again.

​all or nothing imo.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Hardly, you'll have to throw in a waterpump around £70 whilst you're at it too, save that going and doing the aux belt over again.

​all or nothing imo.

We inspect the water pump when ever we do a cambelt/aux belt.

I can count on one hand the amount of times one has actually needed replacement. They are very hard wearing.

Clio 182

​all or nothing imo.

+1, mines looked good and seemed fine when pulley changed so didn't bother, 4months down the line it went, save some £ and get it done at same time

Fiesta ST2 MP215
+1, mines looked good and seemed fine when pulley changed so didn't bother, 4months down the line it went, save some £ and get it done at same time

Same, Rentech did my belts in May, checked pump and the bearing were shot ( they did show me and they were rattly ) 55K that one had done.