ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storm Grey 200

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
So another new car for me!

After what happened with the Megane 250, I decided that I wasn't comfortable in keeping the 250 with where it was found, I just thought the chance of me being targeted again by the same people was just too great so i had already made the decision to sell up..

So the car went into Renault for the new keys to be coded and when I went to collect it last saturday, low and behold my perfect spec 200 was sitting on the forecourt just calling out to me!

Had a quick word the RS salesman and we managed to come to an agreement with me taking the clio and a nice fat cheque!

Spec wise its pretty much spot on

Storm Grey
Cup Chasis
Recaros
Climate
RS Moniter

So went and did the exchange today and couldn't be happier TBH, allowed me to easily get out of the 250 and into something possibly equally as epic!

Plans for the future aren't too major just the basic 200 mods, Top of the list is probably the Projector Headlights which are desperately needed, then will probably move onto getting hold of some KW V1's and spacers.

Already started on the easy fixes, so the centre caps are off and being sprayed satin black and I've removed the clio badge from the rear.

The car is so desperate for a De-swirl its ridiculous, genuinely have no idea how people inflict the damage they do without realising it! The swirling is shocking, as is the s**te which renault valeters use to dress the interior plastics the whole interior was covered in this grease like stuff probably packed full of silicone! Luckily ample amounts APC took care of it!

Got a few Pics..

file-4.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

Hopefully can get some more tomorrow!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
stunning!!!.....even for a 200 ;) would be abit paranoid though with im guessing the guys knowing where you live still?

Car wasn't taken from my house so not too paranoid lol

very nice looking motor, looks a bit like PW in the first few pics?

Ye looks very GW/PW just the iPhone making it look like that tho, There was another 200 at the dealership that made me double take I thought it was storm but was a GW

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads proper chuffed with it! still can't believe it was there tbh, I thought Id lucked out on getting the 250 in the exact spec I wanted! never thought id manage to trade it for a perfect spec 200 right on my door step!

Prefer that to the 250 tbh.

Im really torn gaz, I genuinely loved that 250 best car I've ever owned and the spec was epic, but this 200 is very special

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
cheers lads was hoping to get out and get some pics but with the weather today I CBA so decided to tackle the little jobs

like most I'm shocked renault charge extra for black centre caps so got out the halfords satin black and got those sorted

file-8.jpg

and the steering wheel looks poverty without the trim piece so that was fitted

file-9.jpg

Luckily for me I've had a 172 to mooch around in whilst the 250 was being sorted and now stepping into the 200 its quite noticeable that the 200's engine feels much more free revving, had totally lost the feel for just how good the engines are in the MK3's..

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
cheers lads

yes still planning on coming to the meet, got a halloween party the night before but all should be okay!

Also went to Renault today to pick up the jack that was missing from the 200, the 250 was parked outside on the forecourt my sank a little looked epiczzz

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
cheers lads

yes still planning on coming to the meet, got a halloween party the night before but all should be okay!

Also went to Renault today to pick up the jack that was missing from the 200, the 250 was parked outside on the forecourt my sank a little looked epiczzz

What price was the 250 up for?