ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN: Renaultsport Clio 200 LY

Vectra
Good luck with the search mate, but as Austin said it's most likely been stolen to make money.

What does the Police/Insurance say?

R56 JCW
Thanks for all the replies guys. Feels somewhat reassuring as I'm sure you can all feel my pain. This is my pride and joy, not to mention that someone has invaded my space whilst my family were in.

This is also on Clio197/200.net

Police: Investigations have shown that it was a professional job.
Insurance: Absolutely fine with the dealings. Got the ball rolling ASAP both car and house insurance due to Laptop being taken too!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Feel your pain buddy really isn't a nice feeling!

They did very well to drill your locks without disturbing you! I do warrant work with locksmiths and drilling locks makes a right racket!

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Sorry to hear this mate, seems you cant have anything nice these days without always looking over your shoulder for these scumbags!

Hope you get as 'good' a result as you can from it.

Suzuki Jimny
Sorry to hear.

If I was going to steal a car, I would make sure it wasn't yellow! Stands out so much!

R56 JCW
Turns out the used mould grips, clamped onto the lock and twisted it which pops the barrel. Just seems way too easy!

R56 JCW
UPDATE! Mums purse has been found Ward End, Birmingham! Anyone in this area please keep your eyes peeled! Thankyou!

330Ci cab
Turns out the used mould grips, clamped onto the lock and twisted it which pops the barrel. Just seems way too easy!

a mate of mine is a legal burglar (locksmith for repo) and its unbelievable how easy it is to break into houses, he can get past locks and open doors with a plastic milk bottle! ive seen him do it and ive replicated it. needless to say, ive got 3 set of locks on both doors, take no chances after seeing that

Lionel Richie
do you have a picture of the car? i'll stick it on our facebook page for you, i'll have a look about the dodgy areas on my way home tonight

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
a mate of mine is a legal burglar (locksmith for repo) and its unbelievable how easy it is to break into houses, he can get past locks and open doors with a plastic milk bottle! ive seen him do it and ive replicated it. needless to say, ive got 3 set of locks on both doors, take no chances after seeing that

that made me laugh. I think I'm going to add a few more locks lol!

Keep an eye out on Gumtree and eBay for recaros coming up for sale. They will be the first things out and one of the highest value items.

Sorry to hear mate!

R56 JCW
200pic3.jpg

Thanks everyone once again! such is life that i've not even had it two months!

I've been checking ebay, PH, gumtree, auto trader every 10 minutes but no luck so far!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
s**t this is. Such a nice car too. Some scum out there.

Clio 182
Lovely car, looking at the license plate i can tell it was an ex renault staff members car. Which means its been well looked after. Shame to lose one like that. This didnt come from the birmingham dealership did it? I recognise the last part of the reg.

If your looking to buy again, i'll try find you one at a good price if needed, i work for renault you see.

But hopefully you find the car in perfect condition!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Gutted

See this all the time (the aftermath) I fit alarms. You not got on one the house?? Set at night, leave downstairs on, the noise might have spooked em off......

Clio 200
200pic3.jpg

Thanks everyone once again! such is life that i've not even had it two months!

I've been checking ebay, PH, gumtree, auto trader every 10 minutes but no luck so far!

With it being so new, I would prepare yourself for the worst I'm afraid. I had a two month old 205 Gti 1.9 stolen (with my personal plate also) from my drive many years ago around 4.00am in the light summer mornings. We heard it being driven off and we stood on the drive in the dry space where it had stood, in a state of shock – the police were alerted immediately. It never turned-up anywhere. I had to wait a month or so before I was able to order a new one on insurance. Sadly I know you will be unable to do that with yours being the last of the 200s. Of course I do hope you do see it again.

Ever since that time (even though no keys were used), I always have my keys on me and never leave them lying around and certainly not downstairs at night. If for any reason I'm not carrying them, then they stay in the safe. The house alarm is also activated for downstairs every night without fail.

Good luck – it was too nice to lose and I know exactly how you feel.

Ever since that time (even though no keys were used), I always have my keys on me and never leave them lying around and certainly not downstairs at night. If for any reason I'm not carrying them, then they stay in the safe. The house alarm is also activated for downstairs every night without fail.

Good luck – it was too nice to lose and I know exactly how you feel.

Rather you than me. I leave the keys to my cars downstairs on the table. If they are determined enough to break into my house for my car, they won't think twice about giving me a kicking for the keys. As far as I'm concerned my car is insured, where as the well being of me and my gf isn't. They can take the car.

Rather you than me. I leave the keys to my cars downstairs on the table. If they are determined enough to break into my house for my car, they won't think twice about giving me a kicking for the keys. As far as I'm concerned my car is insured, where as the well being of me and my gf isn't. They can take the car.

Id have to agree with this. A few friends of mine have had people kicking down doors in the night with weapons, f**k that for a game of soldiers they can take the keys.

Clio 200

I forgot to mention the mantrap on the landing. :boring:

O

Oakley12

This is terrible!! So many threads popping up like this on many forums!!

Seen an Audi rs4 broke into before and had the seats and wheel out of it, problem is parts are ordered off cars like this and they find it easier to take the whole car rather than just the seats for instance.

Hope you get it back in one piece fella.

RS Clio 182
Gutted

See this all the time (the aftermath) I fit alarms. You not got on one the house?? Set at night, leave downstairs on, the noise might have spooked em off......

Gutted to hear, hope you get it back or the insurance sort things out for you.

Defiantly this, we had someone put our door in 2AM in the morning not so long ago, Police reckon they were going for my old man 3MPS and possibly my 182. Our alarm is always on at night, thankfully scared them off. Worst case at least it will wake you up and you can protect yourself.

182 And Glanza
Sorry about that, but im affraid its most probably locked away and will be for some time now, they would be daft to advertise it, or anything from it so soon.

RB 182 FF
I'm a keen golfer, I'd love to see how far my new driver could hit one of these scumbags!!! This sort of thing boils my piss, I hope they suffer a slow painful death one day!!! :D

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Sh*t. That's awful mate. Such a nice car too. Won't be hard to spot if it is on the move but it'll be a lock up somewhere.

Shame you don't have a tracker on it, could find out where the 200 is hiding, along with the perps and VR46-G@Z could try out his new driver on their noggins.

Hope you get it back, or get a replacement

ITB BG 182
Shame you don't have a tracker on it, could find out where the 200 is hiding,

No point in having a tracker if its been taken to order, hide the car in a shipment container and its done. They can then work on it inside the container and strip it down or ship it some where completly unseen.

This is why I disconnect various cables from in the engine bay.

R56 JCW
stuck it on the BTM Facebook page for you

Just seen this Fred. Thankyou ever so much!

unfortunately I haven't heard anything else on the situation just yet, however confident with the insurance company should I have to proceed with the claim. I just hope this doesn't affect my insurance premium too much, being a fairly young guy.

Just want to reiterate how you guys have helped the situation. So many views on this thread in such a short amount of time meaning it's got out to a lot of people, on various websites and networking sites. Thank you!

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
Really is sad news that people are so willing to do whatever it takes just to get a car.

Just out of curiousity, how easy were your keys to find

Shhh
Yes, they had a crack at a 1970's patio door but were unsuccessful, so turned onto the 3 month old UPVC conservatory and then another UPVC door into the house! Stupid w*** doors!

Recently purchased some UPVC Door locks which were Anti-Drill/Anti-Bump.

I could feel a call to the window company on what grade of locks they are supplying, as ours were £5.10 from eBay delivered for 45/45.