ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOLEN: Renaultsport Clio 200 LY

R56 JCW
Just left on the table in the living room! Although I am devastated about the car being stolen, I'd much rather them just take it and cause no harm to myself or family. A lot of people have said to me 'take you keys upstairs' however this is not the case! The reason we all have insurance is for times like this. I don't want to face people like these at 3am!

clio 172
i just f@cking kill em for breaking in my house i would do time if anyone broke into my house with my kids n family in there just tossers mate to be honnest hope they get their karma :)

i just f@cking kill em for breaking in my house i would do time if anyone broke into my house with my kids n family in there just tossers mate to be honnest hope they get their karma :)

Who would have the upper hand? Someone who has the element of surprise, probably already armed, and more than willing to give a beating out. Or, someone who's surprised, just woken up, not armed, disorientated, panicing etc. I still say my and gf's safety is paramount. f**k the cars.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I didn't read your name and just glanced at your avatar, so I was really confused when reading that post... I was thinking 'that grammar/spelling is appalling for Deeg' lol

C1 VTR (Company Car)
If I heard someone breaking into my house I wouldn't just cower away I'd go ballistic with whatever 'weapon' like item I could find. Probably at this moment a 1/3 size baseball bat from Spain hahaha :p

R56 JCW
Just posted on the thread. I'm not expecting miracles to be honest, but it doesn't hurt to try. Cheers guys

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Terrible.

Easy to say what you'd do in this scenario, but when it actually happens it's a different story.

Sorry to hear it bud.

ITB BG 182
I love all the people that are saying they'd do this and they'd do that. Your only saying that as your now wide awake and able to think what your going to do.

I used to say the same but did a little test, a mate one random night, waited for me to be asleep and gained entry to the house I was in and able to creep right up to my bedroom, when he woke me up he threw a 15 piece kids puzzle at me, it took 5 fecking minutes from the point he started shouting to the point i complete it.

So you tell me, what would you really do? Answer is that even you dont know.

To the OP, its just a car mate and you did the right thing with leaving the keys down stairs and keeping your family safe!

I love all the people that are saying they'd do this and they'd do that. Your only saying that as your now wide awake and able to think what your going to do.

I used to say the same but did a little test, a mate one random night, waited for me to be asleep and gained entry to the house I was in and able to creep right up to my bedroom, when he woke me up he threw a 15 piece kids puzzle at me, it took 5 fecking minutes from the point he started shouting to the point i complete it.

To the OP, its just a car mate and you did the right thing with leaving the keys down stairs and keeping your family safe!

In hysterics.

Good luck to the OP in his hunt!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep

Why?

Clio 200 Silverstone
There is a new Liquid Yellow MK3 Clio just appeared in the past day or two, I'll see if I can find it again and take a note of the plate. only one I've ever seen this far north (John O' groats)

Clio 200 FF
Hang tight mate. My 200GW was robbed last August. Police recovered it after 3 weeks, but due to it being evidence in a massive operation across 4 police forces they had to hang onto it for like 4 months. Luckily there was only a bit of cosmetic damage which was sorted no problems and the car is absolutely fine mechanically.

I started the insurance process on the same day of it being robbed and they was about to pay out more than what I paid for it... and then the police recovered it. Needless to say I was a bit gutted as I had my eye on a very nice Audi TTS that was going at a very awesome price!

Word of warning though, when you are in your insurance interview don't be surprised that some of the optional extras you may have paid for don't add any amount to the valuation of the car. For instance, The black roof and Recaros were not deemed to 'add value' as they were considered personalisations. Go Figure? Also, its worth noting that as my car was under average mileage I got an increased valuation. Obviously this is my experience with a well-known insurer however your experience may, and probably will, differ.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Sorry to hear that mate, hope they get recovered alrite.

Slap a tracker in it when you get it back!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Sorry to hear that mate, hope they get recovered alrite.

Slap a tracker in it when you get it back!

Would you want it back thou ???

I wouldnt !

I would just hope the b******s who took it total it and themselves with no one else involved , But thats just me !

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator

I wouldnt !

I would just hope the b*****ds who took it total it and themselves with no one else involved , But thats just me !

Death on them does sound pretty fair, for being such thieving c***s, but I guess it's the whole "invasion of space" that people don't like.

If that's my car, yeah, I'd want it back. Doesn't bother me personally.

R56 JCW
Hang tight mate. My 200GW was robbed last August. Police recovered it after 3 weeks, but due to it being evidence in a massive operation across 4 police forces they had to hang onto it for like 4 months. Luckily there was only a bit of cosmetic damage which was sorted no problems and the car is absolutely fine mechanically.

I started the insurance process on the same day of it being robbed and they was about to pay out more than what I paid for it... and then the police recovered it. Needless to say I was a bit gutted as I had my eye on a very nice Audi TTS that was going at a very awesome price!

Word of warning though, when you are in your insurance interview don't be surprised that some of the optional extras you may have paid for don't add any amount to the valuation of the car. For instance, The black roof and Recaros were not deemed to 'add value' as they were considered personalisations. Go Figure? Also, its worth noting that as my car was under average mileage I got an increased valuation. Obviously this is my experience with a well-known insurer however your experience may, and probably will, differ.

Cheers mate, Been a work since this happened and not heard a thing about the car. I am expecting the worse either way however I have GAP insurance so I wouldn't have lost a penny. But the fact that someone has come into my home and then taken my things is more hurtful. I'm glad your car was recovered and able to take it back.

R56 JCW

I wouldnt !

I would just hope the b*****ds who took it total it and themselves with no one else involved , But thats just me !

Exactly this ^

Yes the car was my pride and joy, but it just wouldn't feel the same after all that has happened. Let's just hope that they get what they deserve!

clio 182 black /gold

I wouldnt !

My Nova was broken in to and they stole the speakers and things out of the boot. It never felt the same after some one had been in the car. TBH i would not want it back.

My Nova was broken in to and they stole the speakers and things out of the boot. It never felt the same after some one had been in the car. TBH i would not want it back.
This happened to me with my first Clio, footprints on the seats and everything. Unusually though I just carried on with it, still loved my first car <3

OP, I do hope you at least hear something about it soon either way. I guess it's the 'not knowing' part that is the worst.

R56 JCW
Still no news on anything guys. The last we heard from the police was around ten days ago, with the results from the forensics (which found nothing)! They also think the cars will still be in the midlands. My guess is the same as everyone else on here, it will be in a lock up for another month or so and then be sold in parts.

At the time of all this happening, I just wanted my car back and still do to an extent. However, it just wouldn't be the same I feel.

Circa 12,900 miles on the clock, most of which have been done in my two months of ownership. Mileage on cars means nothing these days as they can easily change this figure.

Fortunately the Insurance has paid out already although I'm still quite a young driver, so another Renaultsport isn't on the cards until at least next year, but I pick up a BMW 118d M Sport Coupe on Wednesday. I decided to go for something economical and relatively quick (After a remap). With the money I'd save running this motor, I should hopefully be able to pick up a 172 cup on the cheap for a few track days maybe!

Audi A3
good choice on the 118d imo.

how long did you have to wait to be paid out? I had to wait 6 weeks for my pay out a few years back.

R56 JCW
Insurance got the ball rolling straight away. From start to finish it took three weeks, that included the GAP insurance too. My mums car which is a Motability car still isn't sorted. She relies on her car for normal day to day work, and has had to wait 21 days just for a courtesy car. They have only now, just started processing a claim!