ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*STOLEN* Albi Blue 197 - M16 JAW

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Folks

Work colleagues 197 in Albi Blue has been stolen with keys (from burglary) from nr Crawley Sussex

M16 JAW - Chassis ending 504905

Can you let me know if offered/seen etc

Picked up on cameras heading north on M1 early hours of this morning

Cheers

Richard

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Albi's are becoming a lot more popular up my way actually. Mostly 07 plates.

Rich would you want the Police to find it and give you it back? I'd prefer never to see it again tbh, start afresh. Just my 2 pence.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Personally wouldn't want a car back thats been nicked.

This guy kept it literally cleaner than our new showroom cars, so really gutted! only 12k miles on a 2006.

Megane 275 trophy006
will keep my eyes peeled. I drive my AB 197 around that area a lot so will definitely notice another one.

Anything different about it (spoiler/sideskirts/exhaust trim?)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'll keep my eyes out for it if it ends up in the North East

Bit of a sh!tter if someone has kept it mint with hardly any miles on. I'd keep an eye out for bits coming up on ebay etc

Meg 250/E36 Touring
will keep my eyes peeled. I drive my AB 197 around that area a lot so will definitely notice another one.

Anything different about it (spoiler/sideskirts/exhaust trim?)

Good point, he did fit visible exhausts (similar to a 200)

As far as I can check only options from new were; Auto lights and wipers + Climate control + Extra tinted windows + HIFI_5 (stereo upgrade of sorts)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
On the M1? Bye bye to that forever then unfortunately. As soon as it passes north of the M25 its officially 'op Naaarth and lost forever.

Down Saarf most of the car thieves return it several hours later with a full tank of fuel, fully valeted and with a Magic Tree swinging from the mirror. True story.

Clio Trophy
Tonight on BBC News at 6. Bank in Northampton robbed at gunpoint. Getaway car last spotted heading back to the area it was stolen and keys posted back through the letter box of the owner lol

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Rich would you want the Police to find it and give you it back? I'd prefer never to see it again tbh, start afresh. Just my 2 pence.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt want it back either I would just hope the bas***d crashes into a tree and no one else is injured .

Clio Trophy
id want it back to get the alloys and tht off it n put steelies on it then give them it back lol

but still gutted for u mate. how about the new megane trophy :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi.

Dont know how this works, but can he not remove his private plate, then the car wont be assigned anything so they wont really be able to sell it or does it not work like that ? Just an idea.

Sam!

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
All car theives should have their ballsocks cut off as a matter of course, their children should be treated same at birth

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Hi.

Dont know how this works, but can he not remove his private plate, then the car wont be assigned anything so they wont really be able to sell it or does it not work like that ? Just an idea.

Sam!

Good idea mate but that process takes ages. 197 would probably be melted down and be part of a new Twingo by the time DVLA take to process a reg transfer ;)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
They usually remove the plates pretty fast, its re registering them that takes bloody ages as ive found out.

Sam!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Stolen, not recovered will mean a 1 year wait before you can apply to transfer a cherished registration.