ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still have the misfire :(

172 Cup, Freelander
Replaced plugs and coil and still have this misfire problem. Did have some spare leads to try too, but they wouldn't fit for some reason. Looked exactly the same as the ones on the clio, but just ouldn't go on, anyone else had this?...

..but back to the misfire. Had on a machine a few weeks ago but showed no fault. So i went and changed the plugs and everything seemed cool for a couple of week. Now we back to square one and i don't want to stick on the machine again for it to tell me nothing.

Also seemed to develop a metalic rattley noise from cat area of exhaust at the same time as misfire, could this be linked?

Cheers guys.

172 Cup, Freelander
Its a 172 cup.

I just got back from fitting new ht leads which seemed to cure the problem for about 10 minutes. The car drove fine, no hesitation or misfire. I gave it some beans down the bypass and when i pulled up at the lights the idle was lumpy as hell and it was popping and farting. Pulled away and the misire was back and worse than ever. Sounds like its only running on 3 cylinders.

I'm convinced that its heat related in some way, as its always got worse when the engine gets warmer.

Anyone got any suggestions?

clio 182
upstream o2 sensor maybe? had mine go recently but mine was worse when cold and got better when warmer. Or could be MAF sensor because when they start going down youll have similar symtoms to yours

J

jonnytheboy

Where the leads new ones?? I have a similar problem, cheaged coil pack and plugs, still no good just waiting for leads to arrive