ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo space problem...

Same old chestnut, new stereo has a tonne of inputs and I'm struggling to feed them all out the way behind the stereo, enough so to push it back far enough to lock. What's the best way to get behind the stereo to feed wires into recesses? Getting frustrating now!

Cheers chaps

Dashboard off, it's not hard and you can get to everything.

Oh and check the hazard switch panel wires aren't catching the top left of the headunit, that stops it going any further.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
In my Ph.1, there are recesses:

behind the heater panel
Between the glovebox and the stereo
behind the ashtray
right at the end of the footwell, behind the console and up above where the relays are
under the steering wheel
behind the headlight levelling/dash dimmer panel.

The stereo recess is pretty short, I had an absolute s**t ton of wires to get in too, I found it easier to reach up behind the heater panel and pull the wires down, whilst carefully feeding the stereo in. Then pushing like hell on the stereo to get it in the last half inch to engage the security clips lol. Couldn't get the dash off because I didn't have a torx bit long enough to get under the steering wheel lol.

In my Ph.1, there are recesses:

behind the heater panel
Between the glovebox and the stereo
behind the ashtray
right at the end of the footwell, behind the console and up above where the relays are
under the steering wheel
behind the headlight levelling/dash dimmer panel.

The stereo recess is pretty short, I had an absolute s**t ton of wires to get in too, I found it easier to reach up behind the heater panel and pull the wires down, whilst carefully feeding the stereo in. Then pushing like hell on the stereo to get it in the last half inch to engage the security clips lol. Couldn't get the dash off because I didn't have a torx bit long enough to get under the steering wheel lol.

I'd hate to install your hu, with the amount of accessories it's got! That nav box was pretty heft too iirc!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd hate to install your hu, with the amount of accessories it's got! That nav box was pretty heft too iirc!

Was proper hard. Nav box is pretty big as you say, and the Bluetooth unit's huge too. Behind the heater panel is literally full of wires lol.

there's a guide for removing the dash, by fUbar IIRC.

I thought mine was bad when I put the crossovers in but I don't even want to think how much of a headache yours was!! Gotta give props for getting everything working though.

Ignore the part about removing the steering cowling when removing the dash too, not necessary.

Arctic 182
There's a good guide on YouTube mate. I've never taken a dash out of anything & it wasn't too bad. Not a walk in the park but not a ball ache either!

It's piece of piss to put back in, just plonk the dash back in, push it back into position and replace the screws. then put the a pillars back in and punch them til they click back into place. Don't f**k around with removing gaskets etc..