ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo / Head unit advice. Phase 2 172

Clio 172 Phase II
Hi again all

I need some advice regarding my head unit/stereo. It's the original head unit.

My car had a service last week. Anyway, since I’ve had the car back, the stereo has started cutting out with the word ‘speech’ coming up every now and then, and then it would work again randomly. It was doing this intermittently all weekend. Turning it off and on again seems to make it work, but not always. Anyway, a bit of research indicates that the ‘speech control’ functionality (that isn’t used in a clio) was being activated by grounding. This morning, the stereo has stopped working altogether- I suspect a fuse may be gone now.
My question is this: where are the fuses for the stereo? What order should I check things in?

Cheers folks!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A standard stereo and code can be bought for £15. I'd just get a new (secondhand) one tbh. Not worth the bother of messing about with it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The fuses are on the side of the dashboard. Open the passenger door and you'll see the panel.

Definitely worth looking, but if there's an issue with the wiring/headunit then the fuse will continue to blow.

Clio 172 Phase II
The fuses are on the side of the dashboard. Open the passenger door and you'll see the panel.

Definitely worth looking, but if there's an issue with the wiring/headunit then the fuse will continue to blow.

Thanks Daniel for taking the time to reply.

Dom