ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheels (Snappy Ones)

GW200
u6evuse8.jpg

Fitted mine yesterday, very happy with it. Couldn't recommend Snappy enough

Clio 172 Cup
Hello chaps. I too am interested in Snappy's services - if I've understood this thread correctly, it's easiest to send him a wheel, rather than ask him to source one, correct?

Assuming that's the case, if anyone's selling a 172 Cup wheel, please let me know! Thanks.

The wheels really do look excellent, but I've no idea why so many people go for the coloured band at top of the wheel, they look rubbish. I'd get it on a rally car, but not on a 172 etc.

Just had mine done by him and was an excellent service .
Under a week turn around rang to say when he recieved it then again when it was done. The next day actually.
Highly recomended.
Jay

clio 182 bg ff
hes just done mine to, recieved it friday, recieved back today, top bloke and communications

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I PM'd Snappy last week about retrimming my 172 Cup wheel, I haven't received a reply yet but he must be extremely busy? Can someone PM me his contact number please?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Just got mine back, I'm in love with it. Got to get another one done now to drive my car as I just want to look at it (and hold it) all day.
IMG_2469.JPG

Andy (snappy) is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.
Now I just need to take my wheel off without setting off the airbag...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 16.45.52.pdf
    261.4 KB · Views: 113
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
No mention of the cost? ball park pleases? £££
I didn't want to send off my wheel so it cost me £215.00 in total. This was £150 for the retrim, £20 P&P and £45 surcharge for the wheel which I'm getting back as I'm sending him my old one.
The normal cost is £120 for the retrim but I paid £30 extra - £20 for the embroidered logo and £10 for the Alcantara section. This is not because it's more expensive, it's just plastic fake suede, it's because it has to be stitched twice, once with 0.9mm leather then again with the alcantara as it's too fragile on its own.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just got mine back, I'm in love with it. Got to get another one done now to drive my car as I just want to look at it (and hold it) all day.
View attachment 115369
Andy (snappy) is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.
Now I just need to take my wheel off without setting off the airbag...

It's easy. Twist the steering wheel 90 degrees and unclip the clip at back of wheel, then turn opposite way and do the same on the other side. This removes the airbag. Once that's loose unclip the 2 plugs inside the airbag and its then released. Take a T50 (I think) torx and undo. All complete.

Some say to disconnect the battery for 20mins before hand but I never bother. If you do, remember your stereo code!

The above is on a ph2. If it's a ph1 then the clips on the back are with T30 (I think) torx and the centre of wheel is a socket. 24mm I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Snappy is a one man Clio wheel revelation.

Nevermind messing about with thumb grips etc, just get one of these.

I wonder if you buy a smaller wheel (like a shabby old OMP) he could trim it up all epic?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've had mine on for a year/10k now and it still looks 100% perfect. His workmanship really is top notch:yum:.

agreed, had mine for pretty much spot on a year and just under 9k and its still lovely. the leather is just starting to wear in where I use it most, which means my OCD is now trying to even it out over the rest of the wheel! lmao

literally the best 140 quid I spent on the car that wasn't maintenance

mk1 leon cupra r
I didn't want to send off my wheel so it cost me £215.00 in total. This was £150 for the retrim, £20 P&P and £45 surcharge for the wheel which I'm getting back as I'm sending him my old one.
The normal cost is £120 for the retrim but I paid £30 extra - £20 for the embroidered logo and £10 for the Alcantara section. This is not because it's more expensive, it's just plastic fake suede, it's because it has to be stitched twice, once with 0.9mm leather then again with the alcantara as it's too fragile on its own.
Plastic fake suede lol, thats alacantara

Guys, all these steering wheels look phenomenal. I do have one question - when re-trimming steering wheels, are rubber inserts gone and are replaced by leather, or are they just filled somehow and are covered with learher ?

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
Guys, all these steering wheels look phenomenal. I do have one question - when re-trimming steering wheels, are rubber inserts gone and are replaced by leather, or are they just filled somehow and are covered with learher ?

I'd say from looking at my wheel that Sanppy removes all the soft rubber covering leaving the harder plastic shell which is covered in some kind of padding and the leather is applied over that.

182 FF, 306 Rallye
Another thumbs up for Snappy. A gent to deal with, excellent comms and service.

Just fitted my wheel and gaiter today, have made such a difference to the interior....

051BADDD-EA3B-4CAE-9BDB-F1CCD82A96BE.jpg

RB 182 FF
I have just received my wheel I bought off @cwt and all I can say is WOW! Snappy I salute you, your work is absolutely 1st class!!! These pictures don't do your work justice, I'm over the moon with it and can't wait to ditch my rubbery sticky mess of a wheel... :smile::up:

RB 182
Fitted my new wheel today, it looks amazing! It only took a few days from me ordering it to it being posted.

10887447_10153123463968273_8262763515502785705_o.jpg