ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel HELP

Dru G

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Hi - I recently fitted a momo wheel with an OMP boss using airbag connectors and the ESP and service light has come on. Took to local Renault dealer in Stirling who said it needed a new rotary switch and a steering angle sensor and now the lights are back off but they say I shouldn't fit the wheel again coz there is a chance the lights may come back on.

Price inc diagnostics was £450 so I am reluctant to try again - has any one else had this problem fitting a wheel like this. Pretty frustrated as it has been over £500 and now the scabby old wheel is back on.

Thanks - Andrew.

MOMO boss is better for the 182 as it has two lugs on the back for the steering angle sensor.

When you remove the wheel try not to turn the bit the wires attach to.

Dru G

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks for info - but its already done - won't ever go back tho..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ah I just re read that sorry I thought that was a quote for them to do it! ohh well, done now I suppose.
they are idiots they done my warranty engine change and made an arse of the full thing