ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Angle Sensor

Flame red 172
I’ve had my SERV, TC and ABS lights on for months now. On the last MOT the guys did a diagnostics and said the code coming back was to-do with the steering angle sensor. At the time, they just cleared the fault to pass the MOT.

Anyhow, this morning, I started to have a poke around as there are loads of threads covering the same topic on here.

I’ve basically followed the instructions on this post.

I was able to take the wheel off and sensor unit and cant really see anything that’s wrong. The only thing I found a little odd was how much movement there was in the sensor unit before it became 'out of alignment'.

I tried to get a video on my iphone.

Basically, in both directions I have rotate the "squib"? 180+ degrees before the indicator goes from yellow to blue.

I was expecting this to be a couple of mm before it became out of alignment. Is this a sign the sensor is knackered or is this the way it is?

Many Thanks,
Adam

Last edited by a moderator: