ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problems

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
have noticed over the last few weeks my car struggles to start sometimes, becoming more frequent. you can hear the starter motor going but it wont turn over first time, or if it does it takes alot longer than it should! and once after it had started, it ran about 5seconds and the engine just cut out. it also idles really weirdly when it had just started from cold. any idea what it could be? I mean it's nothing serious just abit irritating sometimes!

think its last service was early 2008.

cheers!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
I'll have a look into that mate, cheers

although I have just read that if it's that its all or nothing (it wont work at all)

but sometimes it's fine :S

Skoda Fabia vRS
if the TDC is playing up sometimes it will start fine, other times it will just turn over

buy it from Renault as sometimes the connector is at fault and only Renault sell the new ones with the new loom aswell, buy a factors one and you will probably still have the fault