ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting issue.

Renault clio 1.2
After leaving my car for a couple of hours when i go back to it it will not start for a while. I turn the key and i can just hear a click noise coming from under the passenger side dash. Sometimes can take up to 20 mins of turning the key and holding the central locking button. The key itself is not the original. Would this be the reason? Also it did it couple days after i bought it. Then it stopped doing it and now its started again. Anyone had this problem? Its a 1.2 dynamique

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Reprogram the key, and see if that makes a difference.

Hold down the central locking button, until the red flashing LED on your dash goes solid, then click the button on the key you wanna program.

Renault clio 1.2
Car will not start at all now. Been trying for 3 hours and had to change the battery. Someone please help?!

Renault clio 1.2
No not at all. Just hear a click from the UCH. Mayb this is fucked? Tried pushing the cables in thinking one might be loose. Still no joy :/

Renault clio 1.2
Just tried unplugging the UCH and plugged it back in and now nothing happens. Doesnt even click. Interior lights dont come on, central locking doesnt work anymore and when i turn the key to start it the service light flashes. Dont know if ive mentioned i do not have the original key it is a 'Silka italy' key. Would this have something to do with it?

Renault clio 1.2
New ecu uch and key fob have just been fitted by myself and it is still clicking every time i try to turn the car over. Need some help here!!