ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting from cold?

Black Mk2 172
Does anyone find that when starting your car up from cold it sounds like a bag of shite , sort of whiney sound and a abit blowey? and then when taken for a drive and its warmed up properly sounds nice and quiet again?or is this just me? cars a 172 by the way.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I wouldn't say my 172 sounds bad from a cold start but the acceleration is a bit lumpy (on/off power) until everything heats up.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Mine shoots up to about 1.8k revs, then stay around 1.3k revs while the engine gets warm, it makes a bit of a racket when started from cold and the accleration is very lumpy with the 4k flat spot very noticeable from cold. I often wait 15-20 mins before giving it grief...

Its normal mate. Don't worry....

Tyson.

Focus ST
Mine sounds fine to me, no noise at all really apart from increased revs and slightly whiney.

Mind you, I did come from a 16v that sounded a bit like someone shaking a bag of spanners on cold-start.

Megane225FF
IMO it sounds better when it starts up with optimuck in the tank, rather than cheaper lower octane petrol.. still sounds rough though..

sneeks said:
I wouldn't say my 172 sounds bad from a cold start but the acceleration is a bit lumpy (on/off power) until everything heats up.

mine feels this way too. sometimes the car feels as though it is bunnying hopping along the road. this trait lasts for about 1 min then its fine. i've only really noticed it in the last few hundred miles so i would think i first noticed it around the 3200 mile mark.

Trophy #473
mines the same, really whinny and when ecclerating slowly through the revs it goes through really noticable flat spots.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine jumps from 800-1500rpm for about 5 seconds then sits at about 1300rpm (Depends how cold it is) and also sounds like a 1.2 corsa for a minute or 2 (silly whine noise!)

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
my 1.4 is horribly jerky till its warm! i cant hear the engine over my chav-esque exhaust!!! lol.