ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starfield

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Went and bought an xbox for this after watching some trailers. Good game and enjoying it so far (4 hours in). As above though the shooting is a bit annoying, running out of ammo all the time with the amount of shots being fired!
Doesn't take long to get a lot more guns and a lot of ammo, it's not an issue once you've got a few hours play in.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It's definitely addictive, I have spent hours this weekend just exploring planets, finding locations, scanning plants & wildlife, without doing any of the main missions, just random stuff and side quests, I'm currently at 1d 6h 21m of playtime!

1695036700202.jpeg

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Disclaimer - I'm only on it because I got some Amazon vouchers ok, but this references TikTok....

Loads of cool tips and spoilers on TikTok. Finding all sorts of useful stuff.

Finally got my head around the ship builder, but the Outpost is driving me nuts.
I'm a hoarder as well, but it's no good with all my resources being in storage in The Lodge, and I'm on a random moon 20+ lightyears away.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Downloaded last night via Xbox (PC) Game pass. Will fire it up later probably!

Best set OBS recording for the glitches. :sneaky:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Got this to install with no errors on the third time of asking.

Still haven’t fired it up yet as the football was about to start.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Hour 11. Roamed the Moon of Jemison. Staring into the endlessness of space from a barren rock.

10/10 for causing an existential crisis.

Think I've maxed everything out in the settings + FSR Sharpening but dropped the render resolution to 50% at 4K 120fps. Looks good to me sat on the sofa. Frame rate seems okay, will wait and see how DLSS works when they bother to add it properly.

Photo_2023-09-24-224450.png

There was a ship along with a few Spacers, and a friendly trader roaming about with an alien dog thing at that place on the hills. Not entirely sure who the ship belonged too or what would happen if I tried to nick it. Found this up there - https://www.ign.com/wikis/starfield/Lawgiver.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I am staying up far too late and not getting enough sleep, stupid addictive game LOL 😴

Mostly doing lots of exploring & scanning, amazing how many more places appear the more you walk, then you get hooked on wanting 100% explored.

A moon rover type vehicle would be nice, rather than walking everywhere!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Now I have my PC I gave this another chance, it is so much easier to kill them pirates with a KB and mouse.

Will put some proper time into it tomorrow evening I think, I was super impressed that it picked up my xbox save and they'll transfer between the two.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
A friend has been raving about this on GeForce NOW so I gave it a try and it is amazing, everything running on ultra compared to medium on my actual PC and is so smooth. Will defo be using that to play this and Cyberpunk going forward.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It looks better and can give a nice performance uplift depending on your (nVidia) hardware. I have been using one of the DLSS mods in lieu of the official implementation.

Installed the DLSS mod tonight, super impressed by the performance increase. Around a 25% boost in fps @1440p ultra settings.

Put a couple of hours in today, didn't have as much time as I wanted, ended up just exploring the city and did the brownouts side quest. I don't really know what I'm doing tbh, I'm just exploring and collecting missions to complete at some point.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Stuck at 96% exploring a planet, I refuse to quit now, I have walked for miles!
Finally did it last night after I fathomed out where I was going wrong and that you can land pretty much anywhere on a planet/moon!

Now exploring Earth 🌏

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Finished surveying the first system. Maxed the boost pack thingy.

Currently 830 odd metres above my ship on the lowest grav moon. Doesn't seem to want to go any higher.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Played a lot this weekend, completed all the Freestar Ranger stuff and got the free ship the Star Eagle, which is decent and my 3rd ship. Did the mantis missions early on and have been using the Razorleaf since then, this is a lot bigger in comparison and has a lot more cargo space to store all the crap I keep collecting LOL.

Now doing the Barrett storyline on Gagarin, still really enjoying the game.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Any tips for the bullshit spaceship fights?

I modded the first ship to carry more stuff so it's proabably worse than it was originally. Did a laser and shield upgrade in the skills. Got to repair a satellite which instantly spawns 3 ships and I've only managed to take 1 out up to now. 😣

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

I modded the first ship to carry more stuff so it's proabably worse than it was originally. Did a laser and shield upgrade in the skills. Got to repair a satellite which instantly spawns 3 ships and I've only managed to take 1 out up to now. 😣

It downloaded an update and I managed to get through a few of these fights so potentially they've dropped the difficulty a bit.

Another silly vid... 😆

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Recommend you do the Mantis mission or the free star mission lines. You get a free ship at the end of both, which are much more geared up to fighting.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve been steadily ploughing hours into this aswell.

Got a pretty large outpost that I spent time building and have three crew members on it. Mining He3, Aluminium and Iron.

Got into the detail massively. Linking lights with switches and power, furnishing it up nicely and building loads of containers to store resources etc.

Also poured quite a bit of time into modding weapons and R&D of stuff, including cooking 🤣

The game is huge. I’m level 25 and I haven’t even done the third constellation mission yet….

Last night I spent 2 hours running / boosting around a planet charting geological anomalies to identify planet traits.

NERD.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really enjoying this, the only downside is the crash to the desktop, which happens about once an hour. Very frustrating and no matter what I do, it keeps on crashing.

I found my outpost... LOL! And immediately removed it now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing. I've just hit Level 50. And I've not even started the main missions yet, just side quests (of which I have many available!) It's a massive game. I'm also enjoying the Outpost building stuff...

Just chillin' and reflectin' on a hard day scannin'...
Photo_2023-09-15-000152.png

Checking out Neon...
Photo_2023-10-08-225208.png

Thinkin' about nickin' a ship...
Photo_2023-10-02-170932.png

Thank f**k it's got Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, helps pass time whilst grav jumpin'...
Photo_2023-10-02-223619.png

Whilst some of the characters can look a bit dodgy and not so well grounded in the world, some of the ships, cities and locations look absolutely superb.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
This game will just get better & better as they develop it over time, it's already pretty good at launch, no complaints from me.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
This game will just get better & better as they develop it over time, it's already pretty good at launch, no complaints from me.

There is one very annoying glitch I suffer from. My ship doesn’t always land on my landing pad at my outpost. Just dumps itself somewhere off in the distance.

Which means I can’t access its cargo from the outpost. Which also means I have to manually load myself up like a mule and crawl back to the outpost 🤣

#starfieldfirstworldproblems

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I put about 4-5 hours into this yesterday... and not a single crash. And nothing has changed between the previous play sessions and yesterday's. In other Starfield news, I REALLY hate the auto-snap when trying to place outpost items. :ROFLMAO:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I put about 4-5 hours into this yesterday... and not a single crash. And nothing has changed between the previous play sessions and yesterday's. In other Starfield news, I REALLY hate the auto-snap when trying to place outpost items. :ROFLMAO:

The autosnap has gone massively backwards compared to Fallout etc.

It auto snaps containers outside in the wrong place, but won’t let you autosnap things like furniture / crates / etc inside.

Messes with my OCD big time!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, I can only agree @Cub. - it's mighty frustrating! I've built a superb farming Outpost that covers 4 biomes/materials in one compact area (just). But now it is being raided regularly and I am trying to be creative in my building and defences... and the f**king auto-snap is driving me bonkers! That said, the more I play it the more I am impressed despite the annoyances here and there!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yup, I can only agree @Cub. - it's mighty frustrating! I've built a superb farming Outpost that covers 4 biomes/materials in one compact area (just). But now it is being raided regularly and I am trying to be creative in my building and defences... and the f**king auto-snap is driving me bonkers! That said, the more I play it the more I am impressed despite the annoyances here and there!

I read that the gun turrets are largely pointless because the raiders target the power first.

So more people / crew in the outpost seems to be better. Particularly crew that can handle themselves like Sam Coe.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I read that the gun turrets are largely pointless because the raiders target the power first.

So more people / crew in the outpost seems to be better. Particularly crew that can handle themselves like Sam Coe.

Ah, interesting... that might necessitate a few changes! Thanks for the heads-up, mate.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I'm torn between playing Starfield and Forza Motorsport, why did they have to release 2 great games so close together!

Not enough hours in the day to work, deal with wife/kids and play both games, FML 😐