ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stange buzzing behind dash.

172 Sport
I have got a really annoying buzzing coming from behind the dash, central as though it is behind the radio. Everything works interior wise and the climate is all ok (I worried if it was the resistor?) with nothing out of the ordinary.

Any ideas what this could be?

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
A wasp.................

Seriously i had the same in my 182 and could never find it

172 Sport
Are you sure it isn't coming from behind the interior light?

100%.

You can feel it buzzing if you put your hand underneath where the cup holders are, short of removing the radio and ripping the dash out I am at a loss. Obviously it isn't the fan as it is not a rotating noise at all and is there all the time even on the first turn of the key, but I didn't know if they had some sort of ambient flow fan or something which kept air circulating?

I don't want to go ripping the dash out, because my 172 doesn't creek or rattle AT ALL and I want it to stay that way. Removing interior plastics and I do not get on, they like patience...I have none.

Just wondered if it was a common or known problem, if not I guess I'll leave it and see if anything breaks.

Clio
Have you been to France recently? Maybe its an illegal immigrant?

What kind of buzz is it?

Is it a Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz or more of a tick, tick, tick, tick?

172 Sport
Have you been to France recently? Maybe its an illegal immigrant?

What kind of buzz is it?

Is it a Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz or more of a tick, tick, tick, tick?

Surely a buzz would be a buzz, and a tick would be a tick? It is a buzz, I will video it tomorrow.

Not been to France recently, I'm not sure if my newly acquired froggy shopping trolley would like to go home. The alcohol breath tester kit, two hi viz vests, assortment of road traffic cones and 73 bulbs I'd have to carry would ruin it's power to weight, and quite frankly; f**k that.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I had a buzzing noise from mine after a really wet track day in January. It came and went a few times afterwards then disappeared altogether. So far it's never come back. It really puzzled me at the time. Nothing stopped working so I'm none the wiser.