ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeak coming from passenger side dashboard

Arctic 182
This is incredibly difficult to describe, but I'll attempt it.

Every time I go over a bump, there is a squeak like noise coming from the passenger side, which sounds as though it's within the dashboard. It sounds like two bits of metal hitting each other, can't really think what else it could be.

I took the dashboard off today to try and see what it was, but couldn't find it. Removed the airbag, drove about but it was still making it. Had a passenger who was pulling and pushing etc to try and find it.

Anyone had any similar problems or any idea what it could be?!

Arctic 182
Are you 100% sure its coming from inside the car?

I am pretty sure it is but I could be wrong. My brother who also has a 182 has been in it and he thought it was too. Thinking of heading over to Ren7oaks tomorrow to see if one of their guys will come out with me/give it a quick drive to see what they think.

Arctic 182
Quick update - fixed this. The metal rod that connects the wipers had come unattached to the main shell, so was tapping against it. Had to take all the wipers off etc but once reattached solved the problem.

Hopefully will be of use to anyone else that has a similar problem.