ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs or Coilovers?

Clio mk2 phase 2
im not sure whether to buy coilovers or whether im better buying 60mm lowering springs? the only thing about the springs is that im not sure if ill be satisfied with the lows?

WRX
Q1. How old are you?
Q2. Road or track use?

Are you young enough to put up with the lack of comfort?
Are you getting cheap or decent coilovers and are you tracking it to actually get the benefit of the outlay?

Astra (H) VXR
Coilovers.. I got some raceland ones for £170 ideal for just dropping it really low and they are pretty good for the price.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I'd personally go for a set of eibachs with solid top mounts and an whiteline ARB and uprated powerflex bushes ull be on to a winner

Clio 172 cup
Don't waste your money on crap coilovers (ktec etc) spend 100 odd quid on Cooksport springs, you'll get a slight drop with improved handling. Then you've still got 150 to spend at the strip club.

WRX
As Luke says then. Cooksport or Eibach Sportlines. Job done, don't even consider coilovers with that budget and you won't get the real benefit just on road use anyway.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Springs then pal the cooksports are very popular atm and they give a good drop uve got 2 choices with the eibachs u can get the sportlines or the prolines the sportlines give the better drop

clio 182 sport
Springs then pal the cooksports are very popular atm and they give a good drop uve got 2 choices with the eibachs u can get the sportlines or the prolines the sportlines give the better drop

Thought it was the otherway fella pro's give the better drop??

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Diffrent online shops say diffrent drop heights i dunno which 1 to believe ive got the pros and i'd defo agree with the 15mm drop as u can hardly notice the drop

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Pros are 20mm front 15mm back and the sportlines are 45mm front and 30mm at the back but K-Tec say the sportlines are 30mm all round but everywhere else says diffrent lol

Astra (H) VXR
Race land coilovers, ebay item number 350619977390

Perfect for what you want. Got plenty of good reviews on here and I've got them on mine and not had a problem with them.

SQ5
Race land coilovers, ebay item number 350619977390

Perfect for what you want. Got plenty of good reviews on here and I've got them on mine and not had a problem with them.

Only good reviews from people that haven't tried proper coilovers.

Astra (H) VXR
This is an 18 year old who just wants to drop his car.. Why pay 600+ for something when you can get them for much less that will do just what he wants. As he said its not a track car so he's hardly going to be doing any serious driving which will require that much spending on a suspension set up. I've got them on mine and they do just what's required. He's after looks not performance.

Mental 172 Cup
Or he could buy some springs and have decent lows and he will be able to find out how well his clio really handles..

Astra (H) VXR
He said in his opening post that he might not be satisfied with a drop of 60mm on springs.. So then coilovers are his only option and his budget isn't exactly massive so I was giving him an option. Cooksport and eibachs cannot for him what he wants IMO.

Mental 172 Cup
Tbh if he's not got a 1*2 then anything but cheap coilys won't fit..

I had 60mm PI springs on my 1.2 and they were real good drop..

Pic123.jpg

Astra (H) VXR
That does look a good drop.. I was assuming he would have a 1.2 or something as insurance on a 1*2 would be mental at 18.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had sport lines, fk coil overs and currently cooksport springs. If I had my time again I would just buy the latter.

Clio mk2 phase 2
I like how low that clio is sitting on the 60mm springs :) i reckon ill just buy a set of 60mm springs instead of buying cheap coilovers thatll just be doing the same thing :) thanks for all the help and advice peeps :)

Clio 172 RS2
I like how low that clio is sitting on the 60mm springs :) i reckon ill just buy a set of 60mm springs instead of buying cheap coilovers thatll just be doing the same thing :) thanks for all the help and advice peeps :)

60mm drop with standard shocks!? :nono:

Good luck mate!