ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SPRING Just Snapped

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
well driving home today with my mate i went round a roundabout and heard a clunk(loud) i thought at first it may of just been a bottle or something untill a metalic rattle started to appear.

the car drove and still does perfectly i raised the wheel when i got home on the jack to discover the bottom of the spring has completley sheared off. rusty as hell too.

now i dont know whether or not to go for the £330 coilover kit from K-Tec and do the whole car or just replace the springs on the front.

What do u guys think?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol at being willing to be paying £330 for coilovers but then saying new eibach springs are to expensive.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Its up to you? :) the Ktec coilovers are decent for £330 but the rear springs dont let you go super low, have a search around the Ktec thread for pics.

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
alright decided i want coilovers as im borrowing the money to help me buy them, which do u rekon i should go for sensible ones please no £800 kits!!!. i wont be doing trac days but i do drive on the roads like a complete T***

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
yeah ive put my name down for the vmaxx i hope there gonna be ok on my 172 its the only car ive been able to mod as the others were on finance.

got a miltek sport exhaust now ill have coilies!!!! thinking about tinting the windows next.

145db Euro'd clio
go coilovers mate. this happened to me yesterday. except i didnt know it had done it. no rattling at all, no difference. changed my springs yesterday and when we took it off. on spring was split down the middle on one end. and another had about a 4inch piece snapped off on one end. was so surprised. your standard springs done many miles? mine had done about 80,000, would have expected them to have lasted longer tbh.

DCi
Personally if you're not interested in track days and you don't want the car to look too obvious that it's been lowered, I'd just get a set of Eibach lowering springs.

(it will also be more comfy)

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
Yeah I thought that but I've lost my faith in renult so I'm doing the whole lot besides I might do a track day